AOS, 1st night, late seating, go or not?

cme4ltc

How many people actually go to the late seating? Since we don't sail until 10 & the muster drill is at 8:30, that leaves us dining when the ship is leaving SJ. Since I love to be outside when we are leaving the "real world', I am guessing we will skip the first nights meal in the dining room. A mistake, or do many chose to skip this meal? We will be leaving on 1-28-07, so if anyone else is joining us, please sign up for the M&M. Thanks.

They will make dinner fit around anything else that is planned. YES--go to dinner--this is when you meet your tablemates! Since you've sailed before, and it will be dark, what will you really be missing??? You will be in the minority if you skip the 1st dinner.

In my opinion ( for what it's worth!) sailaway from San Juan is a non-event. The ship sails at 10:00pm and it is pitch black outside so there is nothing really to see......

I can see wanting to be up on deck if this is your first cruise though! I would want to be up there in the dark on my first cruise no matter what! There is something about feeling the engines start and the ship slowly pulling away from the dock on your first cruise that you never forget :)

Thanks to all. Yes, I have cruised many times before, never at night. You are all right, there is not much to see while leaving in the dark! That is why i am addicted to these boards. For good information from good people like you:)

Now that you've made up your mind, I beg to differ. Sorry! But I enjoy sailing out of San Juan harbor past El Morro. There's plenty to see, from the lights of Old San Juan and the Carnival ship to the "Rumba" party boat that crosses paths with the ship. Judging from the crowd that lined the deck, I'd have to say other agreed with me. On our cruise, the muster drill was no more than 15 minutes. You should have an hour to dine before the ship departs if you choose to have dinner in the dining room. You may have to skip desert, but that may not be a bad thing!

Archived