Fantastic Paul Gauguin cruise

Seabird11

We just celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniv. on a 14 day unbelievably beautiful cruise aboard the PG. This board helped me decide on this ship because of the great reviews posted. We were not disappointed! We have been on many cruises in the past but this one surpassed them all. Jean Michel Cousteau was onboard as well as guest lecturers who were real authorities on Polynesia. Never have we been treated by such professionals..the food, the cabin and balcony, the entire ship personnel are there to please. We will probably book an Alaska cruise for our entire family aboard the Mariner for next summer. that is how pleased we are with this line. If you have been procrastinating...get your ticket now! You won't be sorry!

The ship underwent a full restoration, or update this spring, 2006 and we felt it was beautifully done. It is a very intimate environment with small, cosy areas to visit, The art work is very Tahitian.."Gauguinish" with soft , rich woods, very tastful. The staterooms are spotless, carpets always clean. The tenders all in working order..some of the Zodiacs are showing their age but all work...the snorkeling equipment was in good order and appeared new. We didn't scuba but many people did. I recall one man telling us:" We were doing the pass (which is a float dive with the current) on Bora Bora, there was Jean Michel at my side, at 130 ft. gliding with the manta rays and I thought to myself, "It doesn't get any better than this". WE feel that it applied to this entire trip. One other thing...we flew in 3 days early and stayed over the lagoon at the Sheraton on Moorea...worth every penny and helped us calm down and relax before starting the cruise. Used the ferry without a problem. Left our big luggage at the hotel in Papeete and just took a couple of carryons. Bon Voyage!

Archived