Papette To Bora Bora

paradise55

We are looking to book a flight to Bora Bora from Papette and were wondering what times we should be looking at based on what time we depart the Tahitian, taxi to the airport and check-in & security etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

On the Cook Islands route - the ship was back in Papeete the night before we disembarked. Passengers are allowed to stay on ship and have meals until about 8 pm. You could go any time you want, so why not see what flights are available to Bora Bora, then make your decision. You must check out of your cabin by 10 am though. J.

On the Cook Islands route - the ship was back in Papeete the night before we disembarked. Passengers are allowed to stay on ship and have meals until about 8 pm. You could go any time you want, so why not see what flights are available to Bora Bora, then make your decision. You must check out of your cabin by 10 am though. J.

Just to add to your post....It is true you must be out of your room, but they do have a courtesy "bag check" in the speciality restaraunt for the day. So you can drop off your bags for the day. We checked our bags, left the ship, toured the island for the day, came back, ate dinner and departed for the airport.

Suggestion......Get there early because it is a mad house.

my recollection is the airport is not far from the ship and there was no problem checking in so i dont think you would need a ton of time.maybe 2 hrs incl travel time but it is also my recollection there are rather strict and limited baggage allowances an air tahiti nui if you are only staying in bora bora a few days. we left most of our stuff at the hotel in tahiti and picked it up later

Thanks. I do have a follow up question. Due to the luggage restrictions on the inter-island flights, are there any facilities at the airport (or elsewhere) where we can store our excess luggage. We won't be staying in a hotel in Papette so that doesn't appear to be an option.

How long is the flight between islands? I have a great fear of small planes...so how big is the plane? Is there a ferry or boat that makes the trip?

Thanks....also didn't realize there was a luggage restriction...good info.

We are waitlisted for Aug on the Tahitian Princess due to 3 in our party.

Archived