I guess it can happen..but does it ever really?

In order to take the family on a short holiday cruise to celebrate my son's return from Iraq, I booked a few GTY inside cabins.

About a month ago 2 of the cabins were assigned the K category (highest inside). The cabins were next door to each other.

However, when I found a lower price, RCCL was willing to refund me the difference but also placed me back as GTY.

Tonight, we have been assigned #3055 (Cat M). Has anyone on RCCL ever been assigned and then moved again? I figure "An inside is an inside" so this doesn't bother me much - there's nothing really wrong with the location.

Just wondering if I still could hope for a bit better. Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words for my son He arrived home just before Thanksgiving, so we really had a lot to be grateful for!

I am a more frequent Princess cruiser and they do move/upgrade cabins on a regular basis. The RCCL service people made it sound like once you're assigned - that's it. I think the only thing I lost going from K to M was 6 sq ft. No big thing.

we have just done a gty cabin on 2 cruises- once we were given a cabin # , it stayed with us and we cruised in that cabin- i have read that it can change - would bet it depends on how well your sailing is selling and what cabin cats they need to have available to sell - if the inside cat you are in sells out but higher ones are not, they may bump you up to make room to sell more insides........hope that makes sense.....

I totally know what you're saying. This sailing is starting to sell out. The chances for an OV are about nil.

I was a little surprised that they had to drop us out of the K category cabin they had assigned just to give me the GTY price drop - but it did save me $60.

I am not very experienced with RCCL but as I understand it they don’t re-assign you unless you make changes to your reservation or request to be put back in the assignment pool. In my case I booked a Q gty and received an assignment of a M category. As the cruise has neared I have been watching the price and with a residency discount it became $40pp less to “upgrade” to a M gty. I called the TA and made the change. Then later that day all the inside gty categories were closed. When I checked the reservation online I got a category H ocean view. If you would like a different cabin I understand from other posts that you can call RCCL and if a helpful customer service person answers you can request to release your assignment and be reassigned.

Have a great cruise,

Robert

BillOh

That's great news about your nephew!! I'm sure everyone in your family will sleep better tonight for the first time in a year. Please forward on how proud we are of him and appreciate the sacrifice he has made in our behalf. My son returned to Ft Lewis 3 weeks ago and is now home in AZ. His artillery unit worked as security forces over there. Now I pray daily for his replacement.

Cyber-Tech

The cabin they released was immediately gone to someone else - too bad since it was right next door to my sons'. All four cabins are now spread around the ship on 4 different decks. Oh well :)

Archived