Redondo Beach or Marina del Rey

Jarronwood

I intend spending 2 nights, 3 days after my cruise and have narrowed it down to Crowne Plaza at Redondo Beach or Holiday Inn Express at Marina del Rey.

I like the idea of Santa Monica but for my money and hotel reviews its either Crown Plaza or Holiday Inn.

I would welcome any comments, good and bad, and your experience about these two places so that I can finally decide.

Its driving me mad - when I think I have a good bargain I look at the review of the hotel and that one gets crossed off my list.

Thanks for your input in advance.

What do you plan to do...and when? The Crowne Plaza is probably closer to nice beach areas, but that may not be real important if you will be there in the winter when it is too cold to swim. While you can walk to the Redondo Beach pier for there, you can see the whole pier area in about an hour. The Marina del Rey area has easier freeway access and is closer to the airport and has more scenic views (mostly of boats) if you are planning to use it as a base of operations for driving around the greater LA area.

Hey Jarronwood!

You are cracking me up here! You're going to drive yourself crazy, I'm going to answer more back in the original thread here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=450593

The problem with you going on "reviews" is that there will always be bad ones. Just read some of the reviews of the exact same cruise here on CruiseCritic. One person says it was the worst cruise ever, it was dirty, the staff was terrible; and then someone else on the exact same cruise says it was all wonderful. And they're on the same ship at the same time!

You're narrowing out so many possibilities if you are trying to find something with no negative reviews.

It's all in your perspective and if you are looking for the glass to be half empty or half full.

Just my two cents.

CJW:D

Archived