Vision of the Seas for a Celebrity devotee...

SusieV

We're looking at options for a February cruise and we're considering Vision's Mexico cruise. The timing of the Celebrity Mercury cruise doesn't work for us so we needed other options.

Can you compare Vision to Celebrity ships for me? How is the food compared to Celebrity?

I love Celebrity. However, while the service on Celebrity is better and the food reputation is that it is better, I don't believe it from my personal experiences on both. I think the food is much more similar than different. They don't have a sommolier on RCI, but they do have bartenders. So, I give service edge to Celebrity. I love how they play the Greek Anthem on the sound system when you leave port, and that they don't do many other announcements. RCI has way too many announcements, but then so does HAL. I know on HAL on a 16 day cruise. I was ready to find and personally toss overboard Billy the Bingo Flamingo. Good thing I didn't know what he looked like I might still be in an South American prison!:D

jc

The Vision is a beautiful ship, in excellent condition with a great crew. RCI maintains their ships much better than Celebrity does. I also think the RCI crew are more personable than Celebrity's. As for the food, I've never been impressed with Celebrity, and yes, RCI's quality has declined a bit over the years, but all of my most recent RCI cruises have had very good food, although the selection isn't as extensive as Celebrity.

The Vision is a very pretty ship. Mercury is plain in comparison.

The food on Celebrity gets the nod, but the service on both was pretty much the same. I must say that RCI is the leader in room service. More choices and a quick and friendly delivery.

I don't think you can go wrong on either. I'd sail both ships again!!!!

Jill

Archived