Bathroom storage

vikesfan

My DH and I are so excited for our second cruise in January. We are also super excited to be going on the Grand. On our first cruise we were actually pleasantly suprised by the amount of storage space (for just 2 of us), especially in the bathroom. Could someone give me an idea of what kind of bathroom storage there might be in a standard cabin on the Grand? We have booked an inside guarantee, so don't get have our cabin number. Any info is much appreciated!

Is it too early to start packing?;)

We were on the Coral last week..two shelves on each side of the mirror above the sink and a long shelf under the sink was plenty for us. I was disappointed in the size of the shower..UNUSUALLY small.even for a cruise ship and poor shelf arrangement..by the time you put the soap on the shelf there wasn't room for anything else.

Those pictures show a suite bathroom with a full tub. This picture and the one prior (from the Sapphire) are representative of an inside cabin bathroom.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1187520436059480203msMWHR

That's not a suite bathroom. That's a mini-suite bathroom.

To see the suite bathroom, scroll down in this album...

http://homepage.mac.com/tlassek/PhotoAlbum21.html

I've been in both a mini suite and a regular cabin on the Grand and am going again in a Caribe balcony in January. True, the bathrooms are small ( I found the storage to be adequate), but who really cares? The bathroom is private and has the regular amenities; if I want a large bathroom and great tub, I can stay at home! When I'm on a cruise, I'm "living". I once was on a riverboat on the Amazon, and talk about basics - private bath (cold shower), but you couldn't drink the water or brush your teethe with tap water (had to throw away several toothe brushes before I finally got the hang of it). But I had the time of my life and would do it again in a heartbeat! So, go enjoy and realize that the rest of us will be wishing we were right where you'll be, small bathroom and all.:)

Do any of these bathrooms have a pull-out clothesline for drying swimsuits and other smallish items in the shower? Just curious--we've used them in cruises on other lines, and are preparing for our first Princess cruise in less than two weeks...

That's not a suite bathroom. That's a mini-suite bathroom. To see the suite bathroom, scroll down in this album...

http://homepage.mac.com/tlassek/PhotoAlbum21.html

I wasn't looking for a suite. ;) I was trying to show the OP what an inside bathroom would look like. Neither the mini-suite (the original pics) or the suite (your pics) show what they will have.

I believe all the showers have the pull out cord across the ceiling for smallish items --- and I reiterate smallish, as the shower itself is only about 30 inches wide.

They do and it will be long enough for about 2 swim suits. They are retractable and cannot be out when taking a shower.

Your comedian also will probably have some joke about the floss dispenser in the shower. ;)

Have been on the Grand-Lido deck. The bathrooms seemed to have less storage than on previous ships. I had purchased a basket with suction cup to hang in the shower. The suction didn't work, but the basket held all my things. I stored it under the sink on the shelf provided. It worked like a charm, placed it on the toliet sit when showering and everything I needed was accesable. Phyllis

Have been on the Grand-Lido deck. The bathrooms seemed to have less storage than on previous ships. I had purchased a basket with suction cup to hang in the shower. The suction didn't work, but the basket held all my things. I stored it under the sink on the shelf provided. It worked like a charm, placed it on the toliet sit when showering and everything I needed was accesable. Phyllis

I wasn't looking for a suite. ;) I was trying to show the OP what an inside bathroom would look like. Neither the mini-suite (the original pics) or the suite (your pics) show what they will have.

I realize the OP was not looking for pix of suite bathrooms. I was simply correcting the post that claimed that the link posted was to a suite bathroom when, in fact, it was a mini-suite.:)

Archived