Sovereign of the Seas Review 12/8-11

hayesktrm

Thanks for the update on the dueling piano players.

When I sailed in July, we had Steve and Mark, and Mark got off the ship with us when we docked, so I was wondering if he was done for good or just on vacation.

I learned more school fight songs that weekend than I had learned in my whole life.....

Wendy

Wendy, there are a whole bunch of piano players. Their agent books them onto the Sovereign and the Monarch (and land-based gigs, too), and he mixes them up in all different combinations. Any two of them could be on board at any time; there are no set pairings.

We (DH and me) were also on this cruise. What a great time -- made me wish I lived in Florida because I would be sailing on the Sovereign at least once a month!

We were on deck 9. Can't say there were any strange smells. Originally, I was concerned that we were near the elevator, but never heard any crowd noise from anyone using the elevator or stairs.

If I can remember the dining room food --- Friday I had shrimp scampi (very good), Sat I had duck, DH ate filet (both excellent), Sun we ate the Mahi Mahi (also excellent). I was surprised that the pastries were so good.

Only went the Windjammer for breakfast -- nice selection. Was astonished (particularly after lurking on this board) how clean the staff kept it. If you looked away, your plate was gone! Did not seem crowded, but I was there early. Tried one lunch and could see why people dis the Windjammer. I love food and had a hard time finding something interesting to eat. DH ate a JR's and pronounced it good and loved the milkshake.

Ship looked beautiful, beds were comfy (not as comfy as Carnival's Sensation, but close).

Phil Tag (comedian) was HILARIOUS. El Gaucho was a stitch. Jeff and Rhiannon very funny (how does she walk in those heels). The production shows were surprisingly good, particularly the show the last night.

Poolside Men of Culture (reggae band) and the cruise staff who taught the line dancing were amazing. It was impossible to feel self-concious about having 2 left feet.

It was a great first experience with RC and I look forward to my next one.

We were also on SOS Dec.8-11 and had an awesome time. I agree with someone else about the food. It was good, but not great.

We LOVED the dueling pianos. Riannon (I know this is spelled wrong) was the girl's name. There were two guys who played Saturday night, but we preferred her and Jeff.

We were disappointed that we didn't get to go to CocoCay, but we made up for it by getting a couple's massage. It was great and I highly recommend a trip to the spa.

The sewer smell was evident in our bathroom, but overall, I thought the OV room was quite roomy. We loved the bed, too!

This was our first cruise (we also got married Friday on the ship before it sailed) and everything was great! We loved it and can't wait to go on another one.

Oh, we did the carriage ride in Nassau as well, and weren't impressed.

And did they keep playing "Walking In Memphis?" ;)

We were also on the sailing. Where were you guys on our roll call board??:p WE had a great time and we really enjoyed the way the ship was decorated for Christmas. It was tasteful and not overly done.

Cruisingator2- did ya see me waving? hee hee:D I wanted to sneak on and get a peek at the Jewel. She looked like a beautiful ship.

Thanks for the review - so glad you managed to get moved to another cabin that didn't stink!

For anyone who may know the answer.....how does a "sold out" ship suddenly have 2 cabins available??

3 cruises and 4800 post's, I was hoping you knew?

No shows!

Our cabin sailed empty in December 2004. :( Our friends kept asking at the purser's desk, and they were never informed that we weren't aboard. They didn't find out for sure until they logged onto CC and found my thread about missing the cruise! :(

Archived