Aft Balcony

20SomethingJeff

Here is a link to some pictures of the balcony, the interiors of the rooms are like any other balcony cabin. Some of the balconies have the big white super-structure beam on it (yours does not), which is a disappointment to those who don't know it is there:

Beam on the balcony:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/554070681EGbpUZ

This is most obvious on the second cabin in, on Baja that is 751 and 750. There is also a beam, but off to the side, in the adjacent inboard cabins, 752 and 753. Look closely at this picture (click to enlarge) and you can see it clearly.

2592668260081189881tiBhPL_th.jpg

I can't help you there; not my pictures, not my cruise. But if you want cruise reviews, have you found them on CC yet? If not, here is the link to 59 member reviews and one professional one (scroll down until you see the Crown listings):

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=cl&cl=Princess%20Cruises

We jsut returned from the Diamond and had a Full Suite Aft... we did have the steel beam buy actually put our small table beside it and used it as a wind break... a nice place to set your stuff where it would not blow away. I have heard people whine about the beam.... I'm pretty sure they are important to the integrity of the ship!

At any rate ... we loved the cabin and the Balcony.... great privacy.

We've had one aft balcony, a BB on the Caribbean Princess. It is a wonderful, private, and larger balcony. Two pool lounges will fit tightly. We did not get a lot sun on the balcony, but that is OK with us. The only disadvantage is the extra motion ~ the wooden coat hangers clanged together so loudly that we took all the empties off the rod and put them on the floor. We are not prone to seasickness, we actually like the motion of the ship, we find it to be pleasant and that it rocks us to sleep at night.

Enjoy your aft balcony!!

I am booked on the Crown Princess for B754.

Anyone sailed back in that area before? Are the rooms like the displays on the net? Anyone have pictures?

We are in B755 on the Emerald next year, for a TA, the Same on the AFT Starboard Side, we waited until it was avail & Switched;) , we always get the Aft cabins when we can, We Love the AFT!:D There is No Beam Problem in B754 or 755,748,749,756&757. Only 750,751,752, & 753.;) 748 & 749 would be "the pick of the Litter" if you can get them(They go Fast) because they are the Rounded Corners, with Panoramic Views!:D

My Best! Bill (Live on the Golden)

Bill thanks for the response. This will be our first Princess cruise, but third aft balcony. It does not get any better than the aft in our opinion.

Jeff

Jeff, your welcome.:) Also if you get a chance on Princess Grand Class Ships, which are all the big ones, Since the Grand in 1998, get C753 or C752. May even be better than B748&9, rounded corner balc, private hallway to cabin door, next to Full Suites, ++ a few other reasons.

Enjoy that 1st Princess Cruise,:) it won't be your last! ;)

My Best!

Bill(an AFT Lover):D

Jeff its funny you should ask, I just came off the Crown on 12/2 and I had a balcony 743. My family had other balconys in that area. Its very quiet back there because its away from the elevators and hub bub. I loved it!!!! MY mother hated it!! She didn't like walking to where things were happening and I didn't mind that at all. The only down side that I found is the engine noise when they were pulling into port. The thrusters or whatever the hell they were vibrated and made enough noise to wake me however I love to look out as they pull into port. You will definitely notice the noise with thrusters going and the back wags around a bit when it gets rough.

Archived