Carnival Glory

Rheaya

Does anyone know if Carnival Glory has tables for two in the main dining rooms? I thought I saw tables for two in a picture, but I might be mistaken.

Please no one be mad, but is there any way to put in a request to be seated at a table that doesn't have kids? Nothing against kids, but this is my boyfriend and my first romantic vacation away from our family and friends and our neices and nefews and cousins and we would really like to have "grown up" experience (even though my parents still call us kids at 24 and 23 respectively!)

Thanks very much

Oh and Any other tips or hints about Glory would be great, like where the most quiet relaxing romantic spots are? Where to escape the crowd if you need to for a minute or two? Oh and how are the beds? I've heard with other lines that you should request the egg crate mattress thingy, is this available or even necessary on Carnival?

Yes...the Glory does have some tables for seating with 2.

My husband and I found that some of the quiet spots on the ship were on the outside decks in the evenings...especially the front, lower decks...just below the bridge.

Have a wonderful trip! We had a blast!

I'm not certain of the deck number (I think it's deck 3). In any event, it's right outside the lobby area. It's a covered deck and very quiet for some reason. My husband and I spent a couple of evenings there watching the sunset together... alone.

Our first cruise (May 2006) was The Eastern Caribbean on The Glory. We loved it so much, we decided to do the Western Caribbean on her as well. This time though, we've booked a wrap around balcony!

Have Fun!

A couple with no children is usually sat with others without children. We're 40+ and on both our cruises we have been sat with 3 other couples (8 top) who were traveling as couples, no kids, and with the exception of one 30 yr old couple, all over 40 like us. Our tables mates on this and our last cruise were either in suites, like us and/or on the same deck.

You will love Glory!! And there is nothing wrong with not wanting kids at your table. We always travel at a time when there are fewer children out of school. When you get on the ship you can go to the dining room and see where your table is. If you prefer a 2 top, you can request one then. There were several empty ones on our cruise. A wonderful spot for sailaway is to go all the way forward on deck 6 and go out the door (even if it is marked not to). This takes you to the forward decks that hardly anyone ever goes to. We went for all the sailaways, you can see starboard and port side. It may get windy and is VERY dark at nite but it is really neat. As for the beds........ahhhhhhh.........fabulous!!! that was the best sleep we ever had. Never wanted to get out of bed. Have a wonderful cruise, read lots of info on here, go with a great attitude, take lots of pictures and create wonderful memories.......

When hubby and I first cruised we were the same age as you guys. I too was worried about what table mates we might get and had hoped for a 2 top. Well we were assigned to a table of ten all younger couples like us (no kids) and became friends with all of them - this made our cruise!!! 5 years later we are all still in touch. So watch what you wish for!

Our tables of 8 had a great time on both cruises. These were people we had never met before. We would look at those dining alone either by choice or because their tablemates hardly ever showed up and they looked bored or kind of sad most of the time. This last cruise on Glory we had a blast with our tablemates and have kept in touch with all of them (Fantasy cruise-still keep in touch with one couple). We had predinner drinks with one couple on Glory and ran into each other all over the ship. It was just a lot of fun. We even took a group picture the next to last night including our wait staff. I bought a copy and it's in my photo album. Great memories.

Archived