Explorarions Cafe Coffee Card Question

jjruiz

Does anyone know if this can be used for iced coffee drinks or just hot ones?

JJRuiz:

I haven't used a coffee card before, but I'm guessing you can use the card for both the fancy hot drinks and the fancy cold drinks. I intend to use my card on my upcoming cruise for both hot and cold. I'll let you know when I get back on January 2nd:)

Karin

We traveled with friends last August on Maasdam. They were aboard for one cruise and we stayed for back-to-backs. When she left the ship, she had two coffees left on her coffee card (our TA had given her as a gift). She gave the card to me and I got two delicious iced coffees with the card.....one for DH and one for me.

So, Yes.......you can use the coffee card for iced coffee in Explorations Cafe.

When did coffee cards become available?

When we were on the Volendam recently, I enquired about this and was told by the people working at the Explorations Cafe that there wasn't a coffee card.

Our TA purchased one for our friends prior to our boarding (August 5, 2006). It must have been through Ships Services???

There was a nice HAL mug in her cabin with the card and packed in it when we arrived at our cabins.

Maybe it was only a short time 'experiment' and is no longer offered?? Don't know.

Just back from 12/3 Volendam cruise. I had also ordered pre-cruise the coffee card. To tell you the truth, I don't think it was worth the cost. The cost of the coffees are cheap. 1.20 to 2.10. Some were maybe 3.95. I did get a travel mug with it. If you don't want the mug, I would not bother buying the card.

Appears there are some "new" items that can be purchased online prior to your cruise. The Exploration Cafe Coffe Card is good for 10 CAT A drinks, they also have a Cocktail Card, 10 for 64.69 for "Signature" drinks, and two wine cards (both for "house pour" wines only), 10 glasses for 41.40 or 20 glasses for 77.63. The 20 glass wine card actually isn't too bad, puts the cost down to 3.88 per glass.

Cheers.

Our TA purchased one for our friends prior to our boarding (August 5, 2006). It must have been through Ships Services???

There was a nice HAL mug in her cabin with the card and packed in it when we arrived at our cabins.

Maybe it was only a short time 'experiment' and is no longer offered?? Don't know.

Sail, it was still offered on our October cruise. The "coffee lovers" package included a HAL travel mug and a coffee card that could be used for any drink in the Windstar.

What is a Cat A coffee drink???

After 26 years of Navy coffee, I only drink it straight up out of the pot, don't really get into specialty coffees at all. As I recall however, the cafe did have a couple of "categories" of coffees but I really didn't pay much attention. The information came off of HALs website.

Cheers,

I just checked the gifts and packages at the HAL site (after you register, of course) and loved the selections! I'm still wondering about the coffee card.... is it good for the high-octane foo-foo drinks? You know, like the triple Mocha with a shot of peppermint and whipped cream... :D

If by peppermint you mean the flavoring, such as vanilla, then I think your Triple Mocha would be included. If you mean peppermint liquor, then there would be a charge for the liquor (peppermint shnaps?)

Archived