Will someone tell me I have nothing to worry about or should I freak out.....

sanditoes4

Why do people use a travel agent? Is a FREE bottle of wine really worth not having any contoll of your afairs
We do not get a free bottle of wine from our TA. We get so much help and follow up from her that nothing else is called for. Even if I find a good price on the internet she does all the work with the cruise line, follows up on everything, makes any needed changes runs interference withe the people at so called customer service. If we have any problems while on the cruise she takes care of it when we get home, and believe me I have full control. A good TA is invaluable and we have a good one.Please don't knock them.

I'd say that Bob (the world's best TA) has better control of my affairs than I do! LOL

When booking cabins for our recent Freedom cruise, my parents had been waiting months to book, since there was no balcony cabin available at the time. They even had a deposit with another travel agent who was handling their group of friends.

Within one day, Bob not only had a balcony cabin for them, but an *aft* balcony cabin! He also scored some others, but we had some other family members back out, and he was very understanding.

I do think there is a difference between a dot com/high volume internet agency, and the personalized well-connected service of someone who has been sailing and selling cruises for nearly 30 years. I, for one, will never go back!!!

And hey...don't knock the bottle of wine! LOL

T

Well to start, I didn't disapear....I am at work!

Bearysweet2cruise: What more do you want? Did you read my post from yesterday? I don't know why her check got lost, I don't so much as care, I knew her check was in space, I took the bull by the horns and made her deal with it in my time frame. Both my check and my sister's checks cleared each of our bank's within 3 days of giving them to the TA, I guess the agency writes a big check and sends it out, I didn't know they did that either? I thought the reason they will only take check or CC was that it went right to the ship....I guess I was wrong??

Welovevacation: That wasn't the last post I made...I posted after that one but before you did, my last post was 12-14-06 @ 9:48am on page 2 #27......

I can't tell you why they write a check with our money! I don't honestly know why or how it got lost! I posted as often as I could, knowing you all wanted the story and I even "marked" those words in one of my posts! I NEVER said all TA's were bad! Infact I would love to find a trust worthy and helpful TA, I work 2 jobs and a smaller one on the side, I have 2 kids and a life to conduct for them....so to have someone else take over the busy work would be to my advantage!!

Thanks AGAIN to all that read the post and didn't slam me for "disapearing" I told my story in full and with all the details I had...Thanks for your support.......

To the people who had an issue with me not being on here 24/7, I am sorry....dealing with the TA and talking myself with RCCL, working and going to sporting events didn't alow for me to be on ALL the time!! I am sorry I don't have a home computer and I do remember saying I would post in the mornings when I got back to work....so what more would you have liked from me?? AGAIN, I am sorry......

Hi there!:D First of all......you don't owe anyone an apology as you did nothing wrong! Just ignore the few posters that jumped on you as most have been supportive.

Also you will notice that a few of the posters that were negative are the same negative posters on many threads. They must remember that just because they don't have a life that doesn't mean others don't. Plus many post before reading all the posts. Ignore them and have a great cruise. I'm glad things worked out for you.

Sandie

Thank-you for your post. So their check was lost? That's what I wanted to know which you did not post in your answer. The TA still should have realized then that RCCL did not receive the money because when a payment is made the cruiselines immediately fax the confirmation showing payment. She/he should have realized it then. Some agencies do pay with an agency check...not many. I prefer to call in the clients cc so I know pmnt has been made and when it was made. That way I can look for the fax for confirmation. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Thanks Fierysand!!!! You are one of the nice helpful friendly people, I can tell!! I sure hope to have an aewsome cruise now that I know I get to go!!! We are going with a about 36 other women, we used our own TA as most of the girls we are going with are out east!!!

This will be a "true" vacation!!!!!! I won't be mom, wife, cook, maid or anything.....I can sit until my butt hurts, and enjoy a whole HOT meal!!! I get to have a whole conversation without interruptions (I will accept the interruption form the drink guy only!!!) I will get hot water in the shower and be able to finish a pop while there is still ice in it!!!! I can't wait!!!!

Thanks for all the support for everyone that gave it!!!!:D

I guess the agency writes a big check and sends it out, I didn't know they did that either? I thought the reason they will only take check or CC was that it went right to the ship....I guess I was wrong??

On a booking made through a TA the cruise ines will accept payment by the client's credit card or agency check. So if you paid the TA with a check the TA will in turn send off a check to the cruise line for the net amount (the commission amount will be deducted and kept).

What can cause a problem is when two or more bookings are having payments applied on the same agency check -- for a large agency there could be dozens of non-related bookings being handled on one check. If the TA transposes a number on the booking reference the money can be misapplied to someone else's booking.

But as a previous posted noted, after sending the check the TA should wait no more than a week -- allowing mail time and accounting time -- to verify that the check has been received and all monies have been properly applied as mistakes do occur. At that point if a "paid in full" confirmation fax has not been received it's the TA's job to find out what the heck is going on and correct any problems.

Thank-you for your post. So their check was lost? That's what I wanted to know which you did not post in your answer. The TA still should have realized then that RCCL did not receive the money because when a payment is made the cruiselines immediately fax the confirmation showing payment. She/he should have realized it then. Some agencies do pay with an agency check...not many. I prefer to call in the clients cc so I know pmnt has been made and when it was made. That way I can look for the fax for confirmation. I'm glad it worked out for you.

thanks for that post...that is all I wanted to know as well, as the OP never came back to explain what happened to the payment /check... thatis what kept us all in suspense...

sanditoes :thanks for finally clarifying the rest of the story...

I NEVER said all TA's were bad! Infact I would love to find a trust worthy and helpful TA...

There's at least one *awesome* one floating around this board (and possibly others as well). It's taboo to point them out, but if you want to e-mail me at tracy a roche @ cs dot com (take out the spaces), I'd be glad to get you the info!

T

I love my TA. Sure, I can do all the booking stuff myself, but he's the one who actually remembers to make my final payment for me, get me other goodies besides the wine, introduce me around the ship if he's with us onboard (he is everywhere you know) and cadge special souvenirs from the crew. And it doesn't cost me a dime extra - RCI picks up the tab (as in his commission)!

What more could you ask for?

And we all know who he is....;)

Archived