Will someone tell me I have nothing to worry about or should I freak out.....

sanditoes4

I leave on 1-11-07 on the Enchantment. On Friday 12-8-06 I was trying to print our set sail passes (had been trying all week) I finally called the 800 number and asked what was wrong, why couldn't I print. He said that their system said we were not paid in full yet, and to call our TA.

I did, her last statement to me, today, was she was busy with other things and she'd call me. Um, 3 weeks lady, that's all we have. The first time I checked RC site our names were spelled wrong....we don't have time for errors.....what if RC keeps seeing our cabin as deposit only and sells it next Friday, what if I have a paid airline ticket (booked privately) and nothing to do when I get there???

HELP, am I making a fuss over nothing??? It is the agencies check that is missing all our money is good!!! What do I do.......I was so dumbfounded today by her answer I just hung up, I couldn't believe she had said that.....Please HELP me and fast we only have 17 office days to handle this??????

What would you do???? I am going to call her everyday but what if it's too late....what if my cabin is already gone???

I could cry.....

Well, I know what I would be doing. I would call her every 30 mins., if I had to. Or better yet, I'd ask to speak to the supervisor or office manager. That kind of statement would not fly with me. I know this is not what you want to hear, but that is why I never deal with a TA. I would rather make my own mistakes and deal with them.

I do wish you luck. I'm sure someone else on the board (a TA) can give better advice. But mine would be I would get an answer today

Well, I know what I would be doing. I would call her every 30 mins., if I had to. Or better yet, I'd ask to speak to the supervisor or office manager. That kind of statement would not fly with me. I know this is not what you want to hear, but that is why I never deal with a TA. I would rather make my own mistakes and deal with them.

I do wish you luck. I'm sure someone else on the board (a TA) can give better advice. But mine would be I would get an answer today

I agree here.

I would be on the phone every 30 minutes until I got a satifactory answer. Are they local? Can you go down there and pound your fist on their desk?

Service is why you use a TA, you aren't getting it. So next time either use a different TA or go direct. They have your money, they need to account for it.

Explain to the TA that you have airfare and vacation plans that will cost money if this gets screwed up and you will hold THEM accountable for any financial loss.

You might also want to call the cruise line and explain your situation with the (incompetent) TA and see if they can put the cabin on hold until they can straighten it out.

I agree with the others - you need to make a lot of noise and a lot of waves with your TA - she's not providing the service she's getting her commission for! If she's too busy, call back and get a supervisor pronto! Also document your discussions and send a letter to the TA management. Her response is unacceptable!

I'm confused. We are on the Jan 3 sailing and I know that our final payment date is long past.

If you booked this cruise a while ago and RCCL didn't receive full payment, wouldn't your reservation been released a while ago?

If you only booked recently, wouldn't you have had to pay in full right at the time of booking?

As an aside, I hope you caught the price reductions on yesterday's happy hour for the Jan 11 sailing.

Thanks everyone!!!!! I knew I had some merit here but I thought maybe I was being pushy???

We did make final payment WAY back on Nov.8th!!!!! That was one of my questions to her, why they hadn't caught this until I had to say something?? She said this stuff happens it is only a check and she'd call me...well she didn't have to, I called her first!!!!

So I am in the right then to go to her face to face and scream for some action!!!!! Good, yes she is local and I am there right after work tonight!!!

I will post tomorrow what I find out!!! Thanks to everyone for your support, this is only cruise #2 for me and we used her last time too...she didn't go beyond the call of duty that's for sure but nothing even close to this came up either??

I will have to demand that we get that happy hour special as repay for this mess!!!!

By the way how do I find out about these happy hour specials???

Thanks again everyone,

Thanks everyone!!!!! I knew I had some merit here but I thought maybe I was being pushy???

We did make final payment WAY back on Nov.8th!!!!! That was one of my questions to her, why they hadn't caught this until I had to say something?? She said this stuff happens it is only a check and she'd call me...well she didn't have to, I called her first!!!!

So I am in the right then to go to her face to face and scream for some action!!!!! Good, yes she is local and I am there right after work tonight!!!

I will post tomorrow what I find out!!! Thanks to everyone for your support, this is only cruise #2 for me and we used her last time too...she didn't go beyond the call of duty that's for sure but nothing even close to this came up either??

I will have to demand that we get that happy hour special as repay for this mess!!!!

By the way how do I find out about these happy hour specials???

Thanks again everyone,

happy hr specials are specifically for new bookings only.

I'm a bit confused. Did you pay on Nov 8th by check?

If so, I would contact your bank right now (or online banking statements) and see if the check cleared and bring proof to the TA. She may claim that she never got your check.

No matter what, you should expect satisfaction and reassurance that your cruise is in fact PAID IN FULL.

A bottle of champaign should be waiting for you.

Please post what you find out.

We are paid in full, both our checks cleared within days of writing them. She knows they have too, it is the TA's check that is causing this problem!!!

I thought there was something about Happy Hour prices I had heard, good now I don't feel as though I missed out again!!;)

Screw the champaign.....I am looking for an upgrade now!! I looked on RCCL just now and there are no available cabins in Q,N,M....we had a N!!!

I am so bummed right now..... Thanks everyone....I will post again tomorrow....heading home now to cry!!!

For future trips, I highly recommend that you make all payments by credit card - not by check. Credit cards offer you a much higher level of protection, and the credit card charges should always go directly through the cruise line (meaning they should appear on your credit card statement that way). Every time I've heard a story in the news about a t/a scamming people and stealing their money, it has been those that pay by cash or check that seem to get ripped off.

I'd say say, HELL W/ THAT MORON TRAVE AGENT, I'd call RC direct, PAY DIRECT TO THEM ANY BALANCES OWING AND CORRECT direct with them ANY SPELLINGS OF NAMES, ECT..obviously the agent wasnt competant enugh to do it, like she let you wait, let her wait for any commisions..!HAVE RC SEND YOU DIRECT NOT THE AGENT ALL DOCUMENTS AND GET HER NAME OFF YOUR REOCRDS WIHT RC AND GIVE RC YOUR PHONE NUMBER AS A DIRECT CONTACT ,...ACE HER OUT NOW!!

It sounds like the TA is kiting cheques - depositing yours and then leaving a few days before issuing ones to pay accounts. I don't wnat to alarm you, but I'd be really worried that they are going under. I know that various industry insurance programs cover that, but it would be a real pain and very stressful for you.

Viv

I'd say say, HELL W/ THAT MORON TRAVE AGENT, I'd call RC direct, PAY DIRECT TO THEM ANY BALANCES OWING AND CORRECT direct with them ANY SPELLINGS OF NAMES, ECT..obviously the agent wasnt competant enugh to do it, like she let you wait, let her wait for any commisions..!HAVE RC SEND YOU DIRECT NOT THE AGENT ALL DOCUMENTS AND GET HER NAME OFF YOUR REOCRDS WIHT RC AND GIVE RC YOUR PHONE NUMBER AS A DIRECT CONTACT ,...ACE HER OUT NOW!!

If they had paid by credit card, I would agree, but they made final payment by check, so they'd be out twice the money.

OP, let us know what happens tonight - Go get 'em!

Get to that agent ASAP... while standing at her desk, tell her to go into Cruise Pay online and pay RCI the balance over the web page. When clients pay me with cash/check I immediately go into Cruise Pay and make payment which is auto debited from our Agency's Bank Account. If the agent does not have this set up, they can go in and make payment on ANY credit card.

I'm very surprised RCI hasn't cancelled this booking for lack of payment. Their new automated system will normally cancel reservations if not paid within 48 hrs of the final payment date and refund the deposit to the original form of payment.

If all else fails, I suggest you have the agent refund your money immediately, and then you could FEDEX a check directly to RCI. If you choose this option find out what the NET amount of the booking is and only pay that amount so the agent does not get their commission.

If you wind up sending a check directly to RCI, please include a copy of your reservation confirmation number and make the check payable to: Royal Caribbean International. I suggest you Fed Ex it so you can track it's delivery.

The delivery address is:

Royal Caribbean International

Attn: Cash Processing Dept

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

Phone- 800-327-6700

Good luck and please post the outcome!

I agree that something is amiss but pls do not paint all TA's with same brush--we just had to cancel a trip for med emerg. & our TA was so great with getting our refunds & various credits done & the claim forms for the ins...--even got us back 500 MBNA Royal Points--just fix this & then get a better TA! We also dbl & triple check everything because solmetimes things can go wrong!

if it was me id drive my truck to her office and block her in,then id set my 150lb malamute/siberian husky on her desk and tell him that the bad lady is taking his treat money away(this really ticks my dog off if his treats are messed with) i bet shed fix this problem quickly lol:)));)

I'm not a TA and usually give them the benefit of the doubt, but there is no excuse for this. They have a duty to you to forward your payment in a timely fashion.

This is one where a written complaint needs to go to RCCL (customer service), the TA owner, the BBB, and the agency that certifies TA's

In all fairness not all TA's are bad, however, I do not feel comfortable to use one EVER. I like having control of my ressies and can edit anything I want at any time..find a better cabin location? No Problem...just edit and get the new choice of cabin... decide to change from main dining to second dining? again, jsut a click and we are allset for which ever dining we want..

I too would be at the TA office and I would not leave until problem is corrected AND some sort of incentive given for the trouble, be it a bottle of wine, an onboard credit ... something!!!

Good Luck

Archived