Anyone done the Spirit with a 1 yr old?

tnebell

DH, DS, and I will be going on the Spirit 18Jan. We've got stops in Acapulco, Manzanillo and Ixtapa. Anyone done any of the shore excursions with a li'l one in tow? We're thinking about doing maybe one but I'm nervous that even though our ds is such a good boy he'll have a meltdown after a while. Don't want to subject other pax to that.

Any suggestions?

I think you said it all. There was a time when cruise lines did not allow toddlers on cruises (they had various minimum age limits) but these days we see everything from about 6 months up. Some babies are happy, others are miserable. But, the parents are sure kept busy. You might want to consider doing the ports on your own and spending some time at the beach. We raised our daughter as a traveler (she now loves travel as an adult) but never took her on a cruise until she was 5 and was old enough to enjoy the children's program.

Hank

I took my twins at 1 and 1-1/2 (and we're going again at 2 in a few weeks) and the best time we have in port is at a resort. I have seen people post about taking their toddlers on snorkelling excursions and taking turns - sorry I don't have any info on your ports specifically.

Have fun,

Best,

Mia

Archived