Explorer Holiday Cruise 2007 12/23/2007 - general questions

Hello all,

I'm bursting at the seams with everyone beginning to leave for their holiday cruises, I have another full year before leaving on my holiday cruise on December 23, 2007 on Explorer of the Seas, and, while I've joined Roll Call for this sailing, I do have some general questions regarding Royal Caribbean.

I know lots of people talk about decorating their cabins and balconies - I think this would be fun but, what do some of you do? I've read people decorate with lights - is this really ok or does the ship view it as safety hazard? If it is ok, where do you plug in the cord? Is there an outlet on the balcony?

The particular sailing I'll be on will cover BOTH Christmas and New Years and, we're going to make sure we go to Portofino to celebrate Christmas Day. Can the conceirge do this for us or must we go in person? If the concerige can do it, can it be done before we even board?

Also does anyone have menus for a 12 day cruise? If so, would you kindly post a link?

Thanks for you help and happy holidays to all!

I don't remember any accessible outlets other than the one over the vanity. I doubt if lights are allowed--but who knows--maybe the battery operated ones? If you do put stuff on the balcony, make sure it's very secure--the wind, when the ship is underway, can be fierce! You don't want your palm tree or whatever blowing overboard, and the poor little fishies choking on it!

Hello all,

I'm bursting at the seams with everyone beginning to leave for their holiday cruises, I have another full year before leaving on my holiday cruise on December 23, 2007 on Explorer of the Seas, and, while I've joined Roll Call for this sailing, I do have some general questions regarding Royal Caribbean.

I know lots of people talk about decorating their cabins and balconies - I think this would be fun but, what do some of you do? I've read people decorate with lights - is this really ok or does the ship view it as safety hazard? If it is ok, where do you plug in the cord? Is there an outlet on the balcony?

The particular sailing I'll be on will cover BOTH Christmas and New Years and, we're going to make sure we go to Portofino to celebrate Christmas Day. Can the conceirge do this for us or must we go in person? If the concerige can do it, can it be done before we even board?

Also does anyone have menus for a 12 day cruise? If so, would you kindly post a link?

Thanks for you help and happy holidays to all!

Hi, WCCF: We are on this cruise also. I haven't checked in on the Roll Call thread in a while; you are guilting me into doing that!

While RCCL does not prohibit balcony decorations, I don't think that they are a good idea, either. You may decorate your cabin, though.

The only electrical outlet is at the vanity, and it's the standard pair of plugs. We always take an extension cord or outlet strip for everything, but we never want it to go farther than to the bedside table.

You make reservations once you board the ship. I always just go straight to Portofino's and talk to the maitre d' there. You can see exactly what is available, and they have the menus for the main dining room as well as their own. You CAN have the concierge do it for you, if you want. Are you Diamond or will you be in a suite?

Explorer hasn't begun to do 12 day cruises yet, so we'll have to wait for quite a while (next fall) to see what the menus look like.

Archived