Crown Princess in June -- Questions

cruzin2paradise

DH and I will be cruising the Crown out of NYC in June of 2007. What do we need to know? We've never cruised in June, once in January and twice in November. What are the seas like? We will have two sea days before our first port (Grand Turk I think), when will the "Caribbean" air hit?

What other tips or hints should we be prepared for at that time of year?

I await your replies. Thank you so much in advance.

Cruzin2paradise!

:D

We cruised to Bermuda out of NYC in June a few years ago. The seas were fine, but we did hit some rough water on the way home around Cape Hatteras.

We don't get seasick, so we were fine. The weather was warm in June, so we didn't see too much of a difference between here and Bermuda. I'm sure it will be a bit warmer in the Turks when you get there.

What other tips or hints should we be prepared for at that time of year?Cruzin2paradise!:D

expect lots of families with kids. Since you cruised in January and November June will be totally different for you. I too like to cruise in the Winter months. Something great about leaving the snow and wind behind and coming back with a tan.

Also June is part of hurricane season. June is low but anything could happen.

expect lots of families with kids. Since you cruised in January and November June will be totally different for you.

Actually we cruised at Thanksgiving . . . no shortage of families, believe me. June, I imagine, will be fairly mixed. Having grown up in NY, school doesn't even get out until the end of June, however, being the midwest, school gets out the end of May.

Not really concerned about that -- it's a fact of life on the cruises I can afford.

As for hurricane season, again, growing up in NY, I know that it starts June 1. We are sailing June 17, the chances are not as high as if we were sailing in August or September, but we understand anything can happen. If it happens, so be it. We are aware of it and will not moan and groan if it does. :)

You are a better person than I am--thats for sure. I could never sail in June.. July or august for that matter either.

I have done the last week in August though.. Not so bad. The most kids I ever sailed with was 35 and more then half that belonged to our extended family.

I am trying presidents week...only because that was the only week in February the cabin I wanted was available...so I guess since I prefer certain aft cabins I would probably go during high peak times also,.

Archived