CC get together = When and where???

Cruishappy@aol.com

Thanks for the responses - we will be on the January 7th sailing of the Noordam

I believe that is January 6, not 7. There is a meet and great scheduled in the Crows Nest on January 7. Go to the Roll Call and read through multiple pages of postings, and you will learn all about the CCers going on this cruise.

Cheers!

Thats right......but someone on your roll call has to contact the cruise line to set one up. It is not automatic. When and what ship are you cruising on?

LOL ... and you could very well find your CC get-together being hosted on the last day of the cruise ... like mine was. Also, not all cruise directors give a hoot about Cruise Critic ... and some of the hotel managers don't and thus won't approve any free refreshments being served. I guess in some respects, it all depends on the size of your CC roll call on the particular cruise, and on who is the Cruise Director onboard. As an example, earlier this year I was on the Amsterdam for a 30-day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise. Our Cruise Director hosted a lovely get-together in the Crow's Nest ... with champaign flowing freely. On my most recent Amsterdam cruise ... a 13-day Panama Canal itinerary ... another cruise director finally decided to have one (after hemming and hawing for days) and she had it on the last day of the cruise. We gathered in the King's Room off the main dining room and while she did attend and was forthcoming in answering questions, absolutely nothing in the way of refreshments was served. Not so much as a cup of coffee.

Yes, you can set something up in advance through Ship's Services ... but then if you want refreshments, you'll be charged for them. So, unless you want to fork over the money for appetizers or wine, or whatever, for the entire group, setting up the meet and greet through Ship's Services is not a good idea.

If nothing can be arranged in advance, though, don't fret. When you get onboard, go to either the Cruise Director in person, or see the folks at the front desk. Have handy a copy of your roll call list. If they see it's a goodly amount of people, they might hop to organizing something where the ship provides some appetizers and house wine or champaign.

Check your roll call. Chances are everyone has made arrangements for an "informal" meet-up somewhere onboard either on the first sea day or at sailaway. You'll have a "do it yourself" meet-up that you will enjoy very much, though, of course, you'll have to buy your own drinks if you want them. Then, later on ... at the convenience of the cruise director and at his option ... he'll hold a "formal" CC get-together which he will announce in the daily program. Whether or not any refreshments are provided depends on the hotel manager on your sailing, but the cruise director should at least show up.

Have fun on your cruise!

Blue skies ...

--rita

I made the arrangements for our group on the 12/6 sailing, had no trouble scheduling with ships coordinator for our first sea day. Refreshments were provided, I extended invitations to the Captain, Hotel Manager, and Cruise Director who all attended. It was a big sucess and everyone got a chance to speak with ship's management. Sorry the person who set up your group meeting didn't seem to get it right Rita.

Thanks for the responses - we will be on the January 7th sailing of the Noordam

Cruishappy.......

DH and I are on your cruise and there is a Cruise Critic Meet and Greet scheduled for Sunday, January 7 at 11 A.M. in the Crows Nest. Hope to see you there.

Archived