More Problems on Infinity??????

told you so

The following was posted on a thread about Norovirus for the recently ended cruise on Infinity.

We just got home from the cruise. it was great. Some engine or motor problems

Does anyone have more information on what the engine/motor problems were on this cruise? For those that are scheduled on upcoming Infinity cruises I am sure there is interest and concern with regards to the answer to this question.

The following was posted on a thread about Norovirus for the recently ended cruise on Infinity.

Does anyone have more information on what the engine/motor problems were on this cruise? For those that are scheduled on upcoming Infinity cruises I am sure there is interest and concern with regards to the answer to this question.

Old news, electrical problem which was fixed. Previously reported.. It was a long cruise....

Old news, electrical problem which was fixed. Previously reported.. It was a long cruise....

Is this old news? This person just got off. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the problem was on the previous cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Valparaiso which ended on December 3rd. That was the cruise where the people who wanted to go to Machu Picchu ended up having to leave the ship three days early since it was not going to stop at the last port. I thought the ship spent a day and a half in Lima for repairs.

Perhaps others returning can let us know the full scoop.

Is this old news? This person just got off. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the problem was on the previous cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Valparaiso which ended on December 3rd. That was the cruise where the people who wanted to go to Machu Picchu ended up having to leave the ship three days early since it was not going to stop at the last port. I thought the ship spent a day and a half in Lima for repairs.

The Infinity encountered a situation with it's pod that resulted in repairs. There was a live thread on this topic posted from a passenger onboard as it happened so dkjretired is correct - it is an old thread that was discussed extensively. If you use your Search function you should be able to find it - it can't have gone too far. The gist of it is that this was an electrical issue that isn't related to any other issues the ship has had with its' pods in the past, and it sounds like it was fixed with a minimum of difficulty.

It carried over into this cruise from previous one in that the ship was delayed at a port while the part was put in and then tested at sea I believe on first day of new cruise.

Despite Host Walt's politically correct attempt at redirecting that thread, some people are very persistent.......... And im clicking it.

It appears this was a different cruise than the one previously reported. It would also appear that some people don't ever want to get to the bottom of an issue.

It carried over into this cruise from previous one in that the ship was delayed at a port while the part was put in and then tested at sea I believe on first day of new cruise.

This is a perfectly valid explanation and all the OP was looking for which pretty much will end it if it is indeed true (and we have no reason to believe otherwise).

I don't see any reason for some of you to go around and hit the panic button on an issue as simple as this.

I don't see any reason for some of you to go around and hit the panic button on an issue as simple as this.

Do you not see the motivation behind the message from Laura? Did you read it? keep in mind 'I' did not write that message, and I'm sure i was not the only one influencing any decision to post such a message (in fact I didn't provide any input to that decision at all really).

Bold emphasis below is by me:

"What I'm referring to is when the same person or couple of people post the same thing over and over again on a wide variety of threads about a specific issue. Try as I might I sincerely don't know what they are trying to achieve with this tactic. Do they really think that people will stop sailing Celebrity or that Celebrity will magically fix the pod problem with a snap of their fingers? In reality, what they are doing is disrupting our community."

Enough has been said about the pods. its a known issue. Enough already!

Thanks, Tom.

Our patience is razor thin right now.

Laura's post was, in my opinion, very clear. If anyone has even a slight notion that he/she will post yet another post about the pod issues that does not contain new info., just more of the same, I strongly urge that that person read this post first:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=452177

Laura nicely asked all to stop. We have already issued a few unrequested vacations from the boards to some who have chosen to ignore Laura's request and are ready to issue more if we need to.

This thread is closed. Don't start yet another unless you have new information to add.

Archived