Past Guest Parties

20SomethingJeff

We are about to go on our 1st Princess Cruise, but it will be our third in the "Carnival" Family. Last summer in the C Glory they had an amazing past passenger party, way better than we found on the Navigator of the Seas the year before.

How are they on Princess, in Particular Crown if anyone has done this? It is not a big deal but we were just curious.

Thanks,

Jeff

This will be my second sailing with Princess so I would love to hear about past guest parties. The only other time we attended a past guest party was on Celebrity and frankly I did not think it was anything special.... So now the original poster has sparked my interest.... Anyone have comments on Princess past passanger party??

We were going to go to the past guest party on our last cruise. We got off of the elevator and the line to get into the lounge was as far as I could see!!! It was right about the time for it to start and the doors were not open yet. I did not feel like I wanted to walk half way across the ship to get to the end of the line, so we left. It really did not look like there would be enough room in the lounge for all those people to sit.

I did several past guest parties on Carnival and they were actually quite nice. Maybe I should go about 20 minutes after the doors opened next time??

Janet

The Captain's Circle parties are... IMO... OK. They do have staff that walks around with some appetizers and free (watered) beverages.

They typically have a few bottles of champagne that they raffle off to past guests as well as announcing the winner of the most days at sea award. It was interesting but I didn't feel like I would have missed that much if I didn't go.

We are about to go on our 1st Princess Cruise, but it will be our third in the "Carnival" Family. Last summer in the C Glory they had an amazing past passenger party, way better than we found on the Navigator of the Seas the year before.

How are they on Princess, in Particular Crown if anyone has done this? It is not a big deal but we were just curious. Thanks, Jeff

If this is your first Princess cruise you will not be invited to the Captain Circle Party until your second Princess cruise. Other "Carnival Family" cruises do not count.

As a previous poster mentioned, sometimes the line will queue up early and the line becomes long. We usually wait a while until the line dies down. Sometimes the line moves slow if pictures with the Captain are being taken. On our last cruise the took the pictures after the party for those who wanted to wait.

The party usually has the show band playing with some folks ball room dancing. Drinks and canapes are brought around. The Captain makes a speach, usually about what is happening in the fleet, new ships coming on line, etc. Then they pass out the "most traveled" awards.

We attended our first Captain's Cocktail Party on our Thanksgiving cruise aboard the Caribbean Princess and found it to be quite nice. The canapes were served by white-gloved servers and we ordered Manhattans, so they definitely weren't watered down! It was interesting to hear about the new ships coming to Princess in the next year or two and fun to see the most traveled and hope that we can be them one day!! It was a very nice way to kick off the evening.

...they use to give you etched glasses with the ship you were sailing on at these parties. As a past passenger, you could have stocked your bar at home with these glasses. It was a nice memory of the cruise and a reason to attend the past passenger parties.

I was always under the impression that you recieved credit anytime you cruised within the family.

If we are not invited to the party will we still get credit for sailing?

Jeff

Don't know about credit for sailing within the family....but Yes you will get credit for sailing even without the party invitation....they'll give you a Captain's Circle pin and membership number at the end of the cruise. Silly, but I was tickled to death when we got ours :)

The etched glasses would have been a nice momento....wish they still did that. We brought home 12 beautiful "free with the martini of the day" glasses this cruise....had to buy a bag to get them off the ship!!!!

You will get an invitation to the Captain's Circle party on your second (and so forth) sailing with Princess. This last time we got there after the 7pm start time (dropping off our daughter to the fun zone) and there was absolutely no line. After we handed our invitation to the crew member outside the door, we just walked inside the lounge. The captain was standing there all alone and greeted us.

...they use to give you etched glasses with the ship you were sailing on at these parties. As a past passenger, you could have stocked your bar at home with these glasses. It was a nice memory of the cruise and a reason to attend the past passenger parties.

Yes and years and years ago they would give Limoge blue plates as the awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd most travelled pax's....it was a nice touch!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Archived