AOS on jan 28th too cheap?

nyytflyyr

I just booked a E2 forward port side balcony cabin on this date for $699. Can this real and if so what's the catch? I was looking for several weeks and last week it dropped from $1049 to $799 and this morning it was down to $699 while the inside guarantee was at $749. Can anyone explain this? I booked direct with RCCL and asked them but they only said that they were running a 1day special.

I just booked a E2 forward port side balcony cabin on this date for $699. Can this real and if so what's the catch? I was looking for several weeks and last week it dropped from $1049 to $799 and this morning it was down to $699 while the inside guarantee was at $749. Can anyone explain this? I booked direct with RCCL and asked them but they only said that they were running a 1day special.

Ok, so what is your question? RCCL gave you an answer in reference to the price; ie "one day special". Would you feel better if they said the price for the booking was a mistake and you owe X amount more? I am not trying to be sarcastic but what more of an answer do you want? Please explain. Prices do go down on certian sailings. Why look a gift horse in the mouth? Go and have fun.

Ok, so what is your question? RCCL gave you an answer in reference to the price; ie "one day special". Would you feel better if they said the price for the booking was a mistake and you owe X amount more? I am not trying to be sarcastic but what more of an answer do you want? Please explain. Prices do go down on certian sailings. Why look a gift horse in the mouth? Go and have fun.

Perhaps the OP is concerned that this will indeed turn into something like that widely publicized case recently where there was an "error" and passengers were told to cough up a lot more money, or give up their booking! After all, RC's customer service is known for being less than well-informed!

Perhaps the OP is concerned that this will indeed turn into something like that widely publicized case recently where there was an "error" and passengers were told to cough up a lot more money, or give up their booking! After all, RC's customer service is known for being less than well-informed!

Please link us to a thread or website of what your are describing. What widely publicized case are you referring to ? I hope you come back and post your information as I am curious about what you posted.

It was right here on the CC boards - for a while there was a "poll" item at the top of the stacks entitled "Deal or Steal", and here's the final article from Cruise Critic News: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1878

and here it seems to be happening again: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=451755

:p I have been on these boards since my booking. It was told to me by you fellow CC members, to frequently check the rates. Well THANK YOU ALL! My sailing on AOS for 1-28-07, OS, just was reduced by $300 each for a total of $600. I just hung up from RC and he told me to keep checking, rates tend to drop closer to sail dates. They will match any reduced rate up until the date of sailing. These boards have been a blessing. \

happy Holidays to all of you:)

Sure it's for real. The last week of January is sort of an "off" time - not a very popular sail date. It's after the holidays..........people are played out, the credit card bills are rolling in. It's never a school holiday......no families filling those cabins. Even the college kids have all gone back to school.

They lower prices when they want to put warm bodies in the cabins.

You are welcome, by the way.

I am keeping all the rugrats in school and off cruise ships. :D

Archived