Writing to Seabourn

SantaAna,CA

Hello all, Merry Almost Christmas to everyone and a special smile to all about to board a Seabourn ship for the holidays!

I would like to write a letter to Seabourn and I'm not sure who to send it to. You who have sailed often, who should I address my fan letter to? There wasn't enough space on the comment card to write a thorough enough love letter!

Thanks and Christmas blessings to you!

Jane :)

I posted my concerns on the message thread "seabourn spirit:alexandria-dubai :4-20 november", page 2. . I notice another traveler has posted similar comments on the same tour.

The concerns in the posting were the basis for my letter to Seabourn (yet with no reply) ; so unusual for A&K not to offer an excellent land excursion.

I wrote Ms Conover after my Nov 18 cruise and have not heard back from anybody. BUT one point I made was that the Marina Day should not be cancelled before you get on the ship. And from posts from a cruise two weeks later, it was cancelled but on the day it was scheduled and do to weather.

My wife and I have sailed with Seaborn for about 9 cruises and yes we have had some very minor problems. Who doesn't. But when ever I wrote to Mr. David Bloom I have always gotten a quick response. I am sorry that Ms. Conover didn't get back to you but I can imagine she must have a full plate since she took over as the new president. If I can suggest write another letter to Mr. Bloom I am sure it was just an oversight.

It would seem that there are several "oversights". I wrote to Ms. Conover in Nov. both praising the cruise and presenting constructive criticism of the shore excursion to Luxor. TO date..no response.

Those of us who have had our own businesses know the importance of a reply to a customer's correspondence...even if it means delegating a reply to another department.

I would have expected a speedy reply and would not have been surprised to have received some sort of refund. This ( nearly $800.)tour was extremely unsatisfactory by anyone's standards. I would have thought that the company would have been interested in negative as well as positive feedback.

It would seem that there are several "oversights". I wrote to Ms. Conover in Nov. both praising the cruise and presenting constructive criticism of the shore excursion to Luxor. TO date..no response.

Those of us who have had our own businesses know the importance of a reply to a customer's correspondence...even if it means delegating a reply to another department.

I would have expected a speedy reply and would not have been surprised to have received some sort of refund. This ( nearly $800.)tour was extremely unsatisfactory by anyone's standards. I would have thought that the company would have been interested in negative as well as positive feedback.

When Mrs. Conover was head of Cunard/Seabourn in a previous life I had reason to write her (via email) a few times. Each time I received a quick, accurate, professional response.

When Mrs. Conover was head of Cunard/Seabourn in a previous life I had reason to write her (via email) a few times. Each time I received a quick, accurate, professional response.

Couldn't it be possible...that taking over such a tough job on the untimely demise of Deborah...she is somewhat overwhelmed with so much to catch up on. Personal notes would not be a priority at this time! Concerns should go to the Club Desk..to be routed or answered in a timely manner. I personally would not expect a note from the President.

"Concerns should go to the Club Desk..to be routed or answered in a timely manner."

The President, Ms. Conover, should be the person to route the letter for a response if she is unable to reply personally. I certainly feel without any indication of a place on the SB website to send comments; then the President is the contact person. That is basic good corporate public relations for any organization.

Also by expressing my concerns about the Luxor Tour operated by A&K on the Evaulation Form completed on board ship and turned in November 16 with no response, then the next step for me is the President.

Couldn't it be possible...that taking over such a tough job on the untimely demise of Deborah...she is somewhat overwhelmed with so much to catch up on. Personal notes would not be a priority at this time! Concerns should go to the Club Desk..to be routed or answered in a timely manner. I personally would not expect a note from the President.

That's most likely the case. The reason for my post is to indicate that she does reply.

Archived