Sale of the Century !!!

Ziggy7

wooooooooooooohoooooooooo I just got back from cruise clothes shopping and found the deals of the century !!! Also keep in mind I am plus size so we always pay more!

I got 2 formal gowns, 1 informal dress, 1 long skits,

2 skorts (shorts under skirts), 1 blouse, and 2 swim suits, all the the price of 216.00 !!!!! Found a place called Fashion Bug having a big 50% - 70% off sale!

Ohhhhhhh I cant hardly wait til the cruise hehehehe !

:rolleyes: :p :cool:

:) Ziggy...YOU GOTTA LOVE THOSE SALES!!!

Hmmmm...we both must have hit it big LOL ........I went shopping last night too........2 pair of slacks, one for informal night, one for casual, a top for each....2 pair of shorts.....and a cute sleeveless v-neck sweater...its pink;) pink is in!...LOL it feels like cashmere....but it wasn't nearly the price....goes with shorts, jeans, slacks, skirts.....it is very versatile:D

So~who else has shopped lately?:)

Lois, I will gladly do so, it's our first cruise ever, so please keep that in mind on the reviews hehehehe, since we having nothing to compare it to, not sure how unbiased it will be hehehehe.

Trying to talk hubby into letting me get internet package for live updates, he swears if I start that then I will be paying more attendition to details than enjoying myself, so we will see :)

And it is our second honeymood after 28 years hehehehe.

Ziggy7 and Lois, I'm glad that you found great deals! I just returned from a 4 day cruise with my mother (she's 57). This was her 1st cruise. She's hooked. I wore formal dresses every night since I found such great bargains and wanted to wear them all.

Gymbrat...so glad you and Mom had a great time:) Do me a favor and post a reply on the Sovereign Thread...the gal was asking about formal nights on short cruises...hers is 3 nights..I told her my experience from last summer:eek: ...a year ago!

But since you just sailed a 4 nighter...you are able to give some current input...even though its a different ship.

Ziggy...congrats on your anniversary:D ...and I must tell you, once you board that ship...you might not even worry about posting live....I have a few cruises behind me.....sometimes it is nice to check in on here...but usually, its just better to enjoy the whole week without trying to find time to post the

"Live From........" wherever you are LOL

Gymbrat - Thanks! and wow if you post your pictures somewhere please let me know, sounds like you had a wonderful time!

LoisR - Thank you! Yes hubby is pouting about me not giving him my full attendition so I told him, ok ok I wont get the online account, this time hehehehe. But I will give a full review when I return, even post pictures somewhere if I can figure out how to do it hehehehe.

Just a complaint -- certainly not directed to anyone here. If they charge plus sized folks HIGHER prices, why don't they charge us petite people LESS? More fabric, less fabric -- be consistant! Sorry, just something that bugs me.

Mrs Pete ..............There ARE a few companies that charge less for their petite skirts than for their missy sized ones. However, in something like a jacket, much of the cost is in the construction whichdoesn't vary from missy.

Also be aware that companies who make petites and misses sizes make the misses styles first. Then the patterns are rescaled for the petite woman, hence it costs them more to add petites than to make more missy sizes. It's one of the reasons that petite sizes don't cost less.

Lois........Sounds like you're the shopping queen again! :-)Glad you got some wonderful things for your next cruise! I've been out shopping too yesterday and today. Got a couple things marked down 70%. (not saying what they are, I'm tired of getting beat up around here).

Happy Sales and Happy Sails to all.

Jane

Jane:) glad you found some things as well! I went back to Talbots yesterday after work and returned one outfit......

I was reading a bunch of information on the HAL boards......they only have 1 informal night on a 7 night cruise now.....2 formal:) 1 informal:confused: and 4 casual....

Anyway...in my opinion, (being as I am the one who was going to wear them)....I had purchased a pair of gold silk shantung slacks...and I really think they were much too dressey for a casual night. I have my informal outfit...its the skirt that didn't cost me anything:D with the silver knit top....

I was going to wear the gold slacks on another informal night...but there aren't any:( .

I still like to look pretty and "put together" on casual evenings...but those pants were too much. I probably could have kept them for a future cruise but decided to take them back. I was looking to exchange them for something else......but their sale rack was looking depleted.

I have plenty of things here at home......so I will find a nice casual outfit within my own closet this time!

Lois,

I think gold shantung pants are fine on a casual night if the top and shoes are more casual than dressy. They're the kind of item that can really go either way depending on how they're paired up. I have a pair of bright gold silk chantung pants that I can easily make look very sexy, dressy or casual.

However, if they're already back in the store, I'm sure you have plenty of other great things to wear.

I agree, your HAL cruise dress code is a bit odd. :-/

Jane

Archived