smoking in cabins???

zero_krizma

Yes....you may smoke in your cabin. No problem.

There is no smoking in the dining rooms or theater.

On the open decks.....one side is smoking, the other not.

Some of the clubs will be non-smoking......it will be spelled out in the Capers which public areas are non-smoking.

One thing to remember though is don't smoke under the smoke detectors in your cabin. My wife accidentally set ours off by just standing under it with a cigarette in her hand. Instantly the alarm went off and the phone rang. It was the chief engineer asking if there was a fire in our cabin. We assured him that it was only an accident caused by someone standing under it with a lit cigarette. Within minutes, there was a knock on the door and another engineer was there to make sure there was no fire. We felt embarassed yet relieved that they are that good about checking to see if there actually was a fire.

Yes, you can smoke in your cabin. However, I don't think the air flow is that great in the cabins. If you have a nonsmoker in the cabin with you, it would be a wonderful courtesy to limit your smoking to outside of the cabin in the accepted areas.

Is it just me, or is the color you chose for your post very hard to read? I had to highlight the text so I could read it. :D

Good luck trying to find an ashtray!

I bring my own for that reason. Usually on the first day there will be no ashtrays in the cabin. The cabin steward might be hard to find til after 5pm.

Also--walking the outside decks its hard to find an ashtray.

Taking my own I dont have to seek one out..nor do I throw it overboard as I think that is the reason most do.

I've always taken my own ashtray, as well. One of those little heavy plastic patio ash trays. They're really safer to use, too. The ones the ship provides for cabin use, it's easier for the cig to fall off the edge.:rolleyes:

I recently quit smoking...but I've smoked on each and every cruise. I've found that most smokers are polite and try not to bother others. I've always seen plenty of ashtrays on Lido Deck on the 'smoking' side of the pool area.

Let me say that I am a professional smoker. BUT I do everything in my power to make sure the smoke bothers nobody. I smoke and I can't stand someone else smoke in my face! Anyway, I bring my own ashtray as well. ESPECIALLY since I read on these boards that ashes blow onto others balcony. So I bought one that has a lid on it. You can get them in the auto department. It has a hole in the lid to put your cigarette into when you are done and it goes out. The lid does not allow any of the ashes blow around. (and it doesn't stink up the room). We take it everywhere with us. The pool, the beach, etc. NO BUTTS LEFT BEHIND!!

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived