stingray city with kids

My wife and I have done the string ray city tour 3 times. In our experience...most children do pretty good. There's always female or male screaming like a kid when the sting rays come up and begin rubbing on you wanting some squid.LOL

I haven't taken kids before, however we're going in May, 07. I will for sure take my kids 9, 12, 15. I have been there and thought it was so much fun. My only worry is that my youngest is not really a swimmer. When we were there, the waters were pretty rough, it was only about chest deep on us, but was definetly knocking us around. So I will make sure my 2 youngest wear life jackets. It was an awesome experience for us, I think your kids will love it. Have fun.

We took our [then] 14 year old daughter there. She loved it! Probably her highlight from that cruise. As mentioned above, you get quite the mix of reactions from the people in the water with you - from laughing to screaming! Amazing creatures these things are!

Go for it and enjoy!

I took my girls when they were 7 and 9 and they loved it, they were scared at first, and would only come in the water in my arms, but then got used to it, and could not get enough. They wanted to stay forever, it was one of the most amazing experience I have had, I would do it again.

My daughter then 9 and I would not get out of the boat, My husband and my then 13 year old son did. My daughter and i were hysterical when my 13 year old son wrapped himself around my husband like a boa constrictor. It was a riot. Even though he was scared at first he calmed down and liked it. It truly was a cool experience even just watching it from the boat was awesome. We did the Captain Marvin's half day stringray city and snorkle and it was well worth the money. My daughter and I did get out of the boat to snorkle. Ps I have movies of my son looking like a snake on my husband.

We had about three kids on our tour with Capt. Marvin's between the ages of 8-15. The two girls were terrified, but eventually, through the tears, they managed to interact with the stingrays and discovered what a great experience it is. The little boy had no qualms at all and had a blast!

We have done this tour three times with Nativeway. Highly recommend them.

We have taken children 11, 6, and this past time even a one year old. The six year old was scared at first but all got into the water and interacted with the stingrays.. love this excursion. Have fun!

My boys and I did this years back when they were 10 and 7. On that particular day...the water was ROUGH! I even had trouble staying on top of it with a snorkle vest on. I have to say it was fun though. My youngest son would not get into the water...it scared him because brother and I were constantly going under..lol (not by choice). As far as the stingrays, they were way cool. The guide on our boat even brought one over to my youngest (that was ON the boat) and let him pet it..he loved it.

I did enjoy it but its something I don't care to repeat. Now..ask me about swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel...aaaaccckk...that rated right up there with the highlights of my entire life...it was fabulous (I know...this was not what you asked...but it was soo much fun).

have a great time!

Esmerelda

Archived