CRUISE LINE Single Supplement Bargains -- Post Here

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

I was looking up some great last minute deals for my blog, and noticed a hot solo deal. $260 and a skymiles certificate seems awfully cheap for a pacific coast getaway... Anyway, I'll start posting them here when I find them:

No ports, just a 3 night trip on May 14th from Los Angeles to Vancouver on Holland America's Amsterdam - a five star ship. This cruise lets people vacationing solo get in on the great deals too! Inside rooms start at $257.61 including all taxes, and oceanview cabins are available for at $332.61.

Hi, we are neighbors and I hope we both get some RAIN SOON:eek: :(

the fires are north AND south of us now.

Those are good specials......if you live in CALIF;)

Flying from Jax to LA would probably cost me more than the cruise.

seriously! It's all I can do not to book an open-jaw skymiles ticket and go! The airfare is incredibly expensive, especially to/from different airports.

Just for you, I looked to see if there are any decent solo deals out of Jacksonville this summer. On September 27th (book insurance!) there is a 4 night sailing that has 1A rooms available for $334.08 with taxes included. $84 a night for a solo room is pretty darn good.

There are some good deals for this fall out of Jax and Port Canaveral. I hadn't made a point of searching out solo fares, but they definitely exist - especially if you're OK with a 1A room.

EDIT: I didn't do the doc dance this cruise, my feet are tired from the rain dancing!

Hi,:) I appreciate it but I cannot travel at the end or beginning

of any month (due to work):rolleyes:

And you are talking about the only Carnival ship that sails

from Jax, right? The old Celebration?:eek:

I know I am probably going to get slammed for this, but

I really have no desire to sail that ship.

Yeah, for budget (read, cheap) cruises, Carnival usually sets the price bar. Out of Jax, there isn't a lot of choice. I can't WAIT for them to start announcing new port details. I wish it wasn't such a 'waste' for them to run short trips on their newer boats! We've got no complaints with the Fantasy class ships - we go for food and relaxation more than the activities, and love that the pizza/deli/bar near 'our seats' up front never has a line for more than 20 minutes at a time. That doesn't mean we don't want to give the big ship experience a try! It's just much harder to miss more than a day or two of work. Being a cheapskate that can't justify big $$ is even worse =)

I'll keep an eye out. It occurs to me that I should have a solo section to my blog, because you guys really get shafted.

Hi, different strokes for different folks:D ;)

I can miss more than 2 days of work:) just not at the very beginning

or end of a month.

I just went out of San Diego in March to the Mexican Riveria.

8 nights~it was FABULOUS:D

Prior to that it was the Eastern Caribbean in December out of Ft.

Lauderdale back in December.....I love to cruise:)

Hi, we are neighbors and I hope we both get some RAIN SOON:eek: :(

the fires are north AND south of us now.

Those are good specials......if you live in CALIF;)

Flying from Jax to LA would probably cost me more than the cruise.

Lois,

I am in Tampa now for about a month or so and the smoke from the fires was really in the air today and noticeable. :(

Vince:) hey! You are 3 hours from me! Any chance you

want to drive north for the weekend?

It would be nice to meet after all this time chatting:)

You have been watching the news.....well, just south of here

2 fires started and came together:( and families have

been evacuated:(

Mother Nature is being very mean to us so far this spring 2007.

Vince:) hey! You are 3 hours from me! Any chance you

want to drive north for the weekend?

It would be nice to meet after all this time chatting:)

You have been watching the news.....well, just south of here

2 fires started and came together:( and families have

been evacuated:(

Mother Nature is being very mean to us so far this spring 2007.

Lois,

The smoke is gone today and the weather is beautiful. I might be able to meet you sometime but it won't be this weekend. As you know it is Mother's Day weekend so I am going to visit mom and help her get ready to hit the road to NC next week.

Hi:) Oh right, I forgot its Mother's Day.

My mom has been gone for 14 years.

Hope you have a nice time Sunday:)

Lois,

Mom has informed me she is physically not able to leave until next Saturday now so I have to come back to Sarasota next weekend to help her pack the car. I still will have some time left down here before leaving. I had hoped to take the Key West Express to Key West one weekend as well. There is actually a fair chance I will be returning to Tampa after my Europe trip.

good job! I have never found a good rate for a single other than the Carnival 150%.
At the Carnival website the single supplement for a 7-nite is around 130% for an external 1A room with 2 windows, a total of $519 if you book early.

I booked a solo cruise for Thanksgiving week on the Carnival Triumph to the Eastern Caribbean (7 days). I got a 1A with a window for $699+ (cabin 2445). I also got a great deal on airfare from Baltimore on Air Tran ($250 r/t). This is my first Carnival cruise and I booked it because the seem to treat solo's the best. I'm going to check back 60 days prior to see if the price drops and if I can get some kind of credit. I did a lot of comparison shopping before I decided on this one. I was hesitant to take a chance with a stranger on HAL and while I love Princess, they don't love solo's. This is the first time I've sailed solo since my very first cruise on Costa and I'm looking forward to being able to do whatever I want, whenever I want.

I saw a big drop in price yesterday for a single inside superior CAT II cabin on the Norwegian Sun's 9/29/07 10 day Hawaii & Transpacific cruise.

It had been $1640 last week and I booked it last night for $850 except for insurance. Anyone that hasn't made final payment may want to try and get the cheaper price.

Today I booked and paid for an OV (1130 incl. prepaying gratuities) on the 7/8/7 AOS sailing out of San Juan.

Seems they are running a promotion because single insides are 894 (as I'm writing this) and there even Jr. Suites at special rates. Sounds like 150% to me, but a great deal considering summer/holiday, etc.

Hi, I saw the Happy Hours...I think you mean 150%;)

Yep, I just looked again....150%, which is 50% better than the normal 200!

Hi, I don't have the site for the Royal Happy Hours, sorry.

If you post a thread on the Royal Board I am betting someone

will post the link for you:)

Archived