HELP!! I've booked Avalon Waterfront and am having second thoughts . .

racepoint

I booked this hotel yesterday for an April stay (2 nights - pre cruise) I was impressed that it's across the street from the beach and has a pool. It was a toss-up between the Avalon and the Riverside (nice hotel and riverfront location.) My only requirements, really, are that the hotel be fairly close to the airport, cruise port and reasonably-priced restaurants and have a POOL (and I'm looking to spend less than $250 a night). We are cruising with two teens. Expedia had the Avalon pretty high up on their "picks" and the reviews I read were all over the board, but mostly positive. AFTER I booked, I started reading some not-so-favorable reviews. I'm looking for help and advice on switching to another hotel. I know I'll take a hit on changing my hotel at this point, but for two nights, I want it to be a pleasurable experience for my family. Some advice, please, on a nice place to stay in FLL???

Hi,

I posted on your other thread, also.

Don't know anything about the Avalon Inns, but we have stayed at the Riverside and that's the way I would go.:cool: If you have 4 staying in a room, be sure to get one of the Executive Rooms in the new Towers. They have a large bath, whereas the older rooms have small baths.

The Riverside has a great location and is right next to the Cheesecake factory.

I know nothing about Avalon either.....but I can say that Las Olas is my favoutrite place(where the Riverside is)..lots of shopping( Chico's is wonderful),outdoor restaurants,walkable to the beach,water bus handy,$10 cab ride from the airport,tour boat to do the canals,museum...and of course,the Cheesecake Factory...who could ask for more..????

Enjoy,

Sharon

I have been thinking of booking the Avalon inn for late Feb. what bad reviews have you heard. It has a great price but you never know it could be that low for a reason. I'm looking for a hotel for 2 nights in a safe area near the beach any thoughts I don't what to pay a ton money.

Racepoint, we have booked the Avalon for our pre cruise stay in FLL. We will be there on January 10th. througe the 13th 2007 ( :eek: one and one half weeks) when our cruise leaves. I can let you know how it was when we return on January 21st. We have also had some aprenation but refuse to let anything ruin our first cruise :D . We have looked at tripadvisor.com and it has mixed reviews.

• 4 weeks later...

We just got back from our cruise:( and we stayed at the Avalon Waterfront. If you want a five star hotel you won't find it here, If you want a good hotel (two star) near the ocean with a pool and clean rooms this is it, Rates are listed at 189.00 a night. and I would ask to stay in the front units they are near the pool. Hotel is an older hotel that probably won't be there for long. They are building new hotel/Resorts (Hyatt and Trump Plaza)on either side of them. We could walk out our door across the pool area and cross the road and be standing on the beach. Rooms were quiet and clean but showed thier age with painted woodwork and minor repairs due to their proxcimity to the ocean (salt air). We were within walking distance to the Water Taxi, and a couple of outdoor restraunts (not cheap)and a bar arounrd the corner.The staff was very helpfull also.Hope this helps. If you have any other questions I will check this board in a couple of days to answer them for you if I can.

Archived