Now what do I do????

alb1956

I wanted to book an excersion on my Glory cruise in April but everything I want to book is full!!! :( Now what do I do?? My DH is not crazy about just getting off the boat on our own!?!?! Any suggestions???:confused:

I wanted to book an excersion on my Glory cruise in April but everything I want to book is full!!! :( Now what do I do?? My DH is not crazy about just getting off the boat on our own!?!?! Any suggestions???:confused:

If everything is filled and your husband doesn't want to do anything independently, you'll have the whole ship to yourselves that day. The pools and the bars won't be crowded at all.

Maybe some excursions will open up later or more added.

Whatever you do have fun. :)

Bill

Keep checking back sometimes they have more openings.

Many times you can book the same excursion (or better) with an independent tour company for less money. Just do a Google search for the excursion/shoretrip you want at the port you are going to.

Or you can be added to a wait list by calling Carnival.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!!

Raceroc and Karen116 have really good suggestions.:)

I agree with your husband...it is not wise on SOME islands to just get off the ship and wander around...but there are loads of private operator tours that are in most cases the same or better, and almost always cheaper, than those you book through the ship.:D

These boards are great place to start your research. Just post the list of ports/islands you are going to and that you are looking for private tours....trust me you will have more suggestions than you know what to do with.

Once you have done your research...you can book independent tours online and they will be waiting for you at the time and place of your choice!

Doing this kind of thing can be as fun as deciding which cruise to book!

You can also go to the Roll Call for the ship and cruise you are taking. There are bound to be others in the same situation you are and will be looking for fellow passengers to go on excursions with them!:)

Don't stress! You can do this...and...you can have a lot of fun before you even leave home!:D

Happy Holidays to all here.

Tom&Deb:)

I wanted to book an excersion on my Glory cruise in April but everything I want to book is full!!! :confused:

How do you tell if an excursion is sold out? (i never seen that happen so want to know what to look for)

Not all spots are offered online. SOme are held for booking on the ship. If there is something you really want to do-- see the shore excursion people as soon as it opens the first day

How do you tell if an excursion is sold out? (i never seen that happen so want to know what to look for)

Not all spots are offered online. SOme are held for booking on the ship. If there is something you really want to do-- see the shore excursion people as soon as it opens the first day

I agree. I find it hard to believe that any tour is sold out that far in advance. Did you call or try to book on the website. Maybe there was a problem with the website.. I would call if you haven't already.

I've also seen where a tour was "closed out". I called Carnival direct and was able to book it that way... The other thing....don't panic...Carnival does leave spots open for those that don't have a computer.

The spots fill up fast so one of the first things you want to do after boarding is to go to the Shore Excursion Desk....

When you say that your hubby isn't crazy about getting off on your own did you mean he only wants take an excursion through the cruise line?

What part are you referring to anyway?

Bill

My DH wants to got through the cruiseline. He just feels like it's safer. And you were right Kujobie, it must of been a fluke when I tried. I tried again later and was able to book!! :) So were going to Cozumel and doing the drinking ALL day at Playa Mia Beach Break thing!! When it wouldn't let me book it would either say I couldn't be directed to that page or the lines with your names in it were blue and you couldn't book it if you tried!! I'd book early if I were you!!! Besides if you pay for it now it means more money to play with on the boat!!!

My DH wants to got through the cruiseline. He just feels like it's safer. And you were right Kujobie, it must of been a fluke when I tried. I tried again later and was able to book!! :) So were going to Cozumel and doing the drinking ALL day at Playa Mia Beach Break thing!! When it wouldn't let me book it would either say I couldn't be directed to that page or the lines with your names in it were blue and you couldn't book it if you tried!! I'd book early if I were you!!! Besides if you pay for it now it means more money to play with on the boat!!!

It os safer in the fact that the ship will be there when you get back. You will pay a premium through the cruise line but if it gives you peace of mind it's worth it.

I booked through the cruise lines for the first couple cruises but learned that it is just as easy to book on your own and save money and have more time on your independent excursion.

Have fun

Bill

I'd be surprised if excursions are sold out that far in advance also. We booked ours on Glory the day we boarded. We tried from our room but it wouldn't let us charge for some reason so we went to the desk and booked both excursions we wanted. The girl also said that there were plenty of openings left. Most people do not book excursions before they leave (only cc members seem to because they're aware you can), some because they're not sure what they want to do and want to get closer to see what the weather might be, and some because they can't make up their minds til the last minute anyway. We sat at a table for 8 at dinner and no one had purchased excursions before the cruise, although most had an idea of what they were going to do.

Go down to the Port of Call board and look at what everybody reports back on ...

Personally I stopped doing Ship sponsored excursions several cruises ago...

But I'm not worried about missing the boat or anything like that....

What ports of call and what excursions excite you ????

John

Yes, they can sell out online many months in advance... 4 months really isn't "that far out"... however, as mentioned, they do not put the full inventory online and always reserve a certain amount of spots to be available to book onboard...

Archived