Fascination Docking at OM in key west

Raceroc

We are going to Key West and Calica Jan 29th on Fascination. Scheduled to dock at outer mole in KW at 7:30am.

How long does it take to get off the ship and get to Duvall st.?

Are the lines long first thing in the morning for the tram?

I have Parasailing scheduled for 9:00am and we are suppose to be their 15 minutes early. Should I change the time to 10:00am? Or, will I make it no problem?

Thanks!!

Navy Mole is the 'old' Naval Base that is used for docking... the Conch Train, or similar unit, is used to transport passengers directly to Duval Street or Mallory Square.... Let your tour operator know where you are docking, and they will tell you what time to 'book'.. They are definitely oriented to your arrival/departure times.. Key West is 90% dependent on tourists.. :p

This is a definite contact the vendor question, because Key West, while being a very tourist orientated town, is NOT a cruise orientated town. Most tourists are either drive or fly in, remember it is an easy day trip from the Miami area to Key West, not to mention a beautiful drive.

The tour operator will know if you can make a 9:00 am excursion, IMHO though that is cutting it a bit close.

We docked at the Outer Mole, on NCL Majesty, and I do not recall much issue with lines for the tram. I don't think we waited long for it. If you are re-entering the US, there will be an immigration check which can take a little while. There can be a short delay in the channel coming in, if another ship is using it.

The tram ride out of the Navy pier was pretty quick, but coming back, once you enter the base, a soldier enters the tram and searches everyone. They are only looking for weapons though, and when the guy found the beer I was smuggling back aboard he just smiled.

If you are one of the first ones off the ship, your tour time should be no problem. It's about a 10-15 minute ride to town, very nice and informative if you get the right driver. However, if it is going to cause you stress, move it back an hour, then you will be gauranteed to make it! :) Have fun, we loved the Fascination! :D

In October we walked off the ship directly onto a tram and took off. Many trams waiting to pull up and load. Coming back to the boat we waited in line 5-10 minutes and had to stop at the Navy entrance and show ID. Took just a few minutes. The tram drivers are full of information and entertaining.

Archived