What if any off-menu items have you ordered and received on FOS

flagger

Since it began sailing, have you ordered any off menu items on FOS and received them?

A special dessert, a change in sauce, something really off menu?

Share please if you have been successful.

I am dying for some Mohr Em Hend or White Chocolate Mousse.

On the last night after dinner, my friend asked our waiter to bring her grandmother a made-to-order special banana split for dessert, and he did!! I thought he would be hesitant, but he gladly did so. Of course she tipped him extra just for that.

I'm sure they would bring you anything that had available. I don't know if they have every kind of mousse available at any given time. But whatever they have, they are more than accomodating to get it for you. :)

Since it began sailing, have you ordered any off menu items on FOS and received them?

Just off Explorer. Early in the week our tablemates asked about getting calamari. The waiter told them that every other day at lunch in the dining room calamari was a starter choice. Our tablemate kind of teased him for a couple of days, saying that they didn't go to the dining room for lunch. On day 5 our meal started with a plate of calamari for everyone at the table. On days 6 and 7 each dinner started with 2 huge plates of calamari for sharing. No one had asked after the first time and no one expected it. It was very good and we enjoyed it thoroughly.

Apparently, the waiter was a little concerned about fulfilling the special request because he said there is a new policy that they no longer will do that. He said that he was told by whoever he had to get permission from (the headwaiter?) that this was a one-time only thing. He seemed a little jumpy about doing it, like he was going to get caught or we were going to spread it around.

Jan

I don't know how "special" it was - but every night on the FOS when we ate in the Main Dining room - I always asked for them to remove the starch and get me asparagus instead - even when asparagus wasn't one of the veggies of the night. Also - we have had them bring shrimp cocktail on nights when it wasn't offered. They usually try to accommodate when they can.

I think it really depends upon your server. We've had some who will rope the moon for you, and others who act like it's a crime to ask for a substitution! (Those servers don't get tipped extra, if it happens more than once!) The waitstaff can make or break the whole dining experience.

I think it really depends upon your server. We've had some who will rope the moon for you, and others who act like it's a crime to ask for a substitution! (Those servers don't get tipped extra, if it happens more than once!) The waitstaff can make or break the whole dining experience.
I know to go to the head server or ass't maitre'd for that section for special requests. I am just curious as to what people have asked for specifically on FOS and received.

Archived