Very Frustrated

Uconnfan

I am going on the Dawn on Jan 7th. Still havn't received docs yet. I have made several calls to both my TA and NCL. Today I 've gotton the story from NCL that my TA booked a group of tickets for this cruise and the group has to be unlocked by them before I can get my tickets. My TA said that it has been unlocked and is now waiting for them to come to her email by 2pm.

I have tried for two weeks to get these tickets with no avail. Had many problems with this TA. They even told us to just go to the pier without the docs, but I don't trust them.

I do have a confirmation from them that we are all paid. I have also booked cruise credit and shore excursions.

Yes, I usually get my edocs about two weeks before a cruise, it appears you'll be getting yours a few days short of two weeks this afternoon after 2 PM. Don't worry so much, as you have been told, you can arrive at the dock without the edocs, all of the vital information is on the computer network anyway.

Don't forget to bring either your passport, or a drivers license and your certified birth certificate for everyone in your party.

Have a great and wonderful cruise.

Hi,

i have benn trying for weeks to get docs also on 1/7/07 dawn. Ta is useless and NCl says they sent to TA. I just sent another email(#12) to TA asking for documents again. My credit card was undercharged 100 dollars at final payment and when i asked for docs they charged the other 100 dollars and nobody admitted error. That was weeeks ago and still no docs. I will keep you posted

If your reservation was booked in a group (sometimes you will not even kn ow) and the group is held back..ie one cabin not paying fp on time , the docs will be held up. Even if this is not the case, you will not need them to board. Be sure to fill out the information on the NCL website and you will be set. I book hundreds of NCL (along with other cruiselines), and sometimes this happens. For the cruiser, it is frustrating, and we understand that. Your TA should be in more contact with you to allay your apprehensions. Don't worry, you will have a great trip!

I booked through an internet agency once and had to print out my email documents. I wondered why I had to pay a $14 delivery fee since they were never delivered. I kept thinking somebody at the port was going to tell me my printout wasn't acceptable.

Fortunately, everything went fine at the pier. Since then, we've booked last minute cruises and picked up our documents at the pier.

Enjoy your cruise. I'm sailing Feb 2 and am counting down the days.

you know what? Docs really don't make a lot of difference as long as you pre-register which most of us do. They are just something we are accustom to and like to have. I know, I always feel my cruise is complete when I get docs; my clients feel the same, but it still isn't anything to worry about. NMnita

As said above.

You do not need any paper docs.

You do not need any e-docs.

You do not need luggage tags.

Go online and pre-register. If they system recognizes you, that is more valuable that anything your TA says. After all, they are just going to pull up the computer to see who you are.

Register online. Print it out if it makes you feel better.

It works great.

Our cruise in Oct is the first cruise in several years that we received docs in the mail. It was our first Princess cruise and we got the booklet and everything like we did years ago. We have always done the on-line thing and never had a problem.

UConn Fan, Dont Worry! I also will be on the Dawn for the Jan.18th sail date, I to have not received my docs ( edocs or hard copy) I called my agent who states not to worry as long as you have done your pre registration,(print it out to take with you) have your passport, a photo ID and your room and reservation/booking number. Your set to go! This will be my first so you can imagine my state of panic! but now I fell if they come they come no worries. Have a great time! Dancing Girl;

I have received 12 excuses why I have not received the docs for 1/7/07. worst online Ta ever and i have used them 4 times before no problems. they now say on Tuesday because document department is closed and they must have wrong email adress on file. They verified it with me 8 times. I don't know at this point who made the mistakes I just want my docs. NCL claims no docs needed but I hope to get them before so I don't have to scramble and worry at the port. I hate when something real ggod like a cruise makes me nervous fo no reason and could easily be corrected. thanks for listening.

Everyone of us love to have those docs in hand, but think about it? You never use them for one thing after you get to the pier. All you need is your pre-registration and luggage tags. Pre registration you do on line as you know, luggage tags can be picked up at the pier. Many years ago anyone cruising on special rates like interline, certain groups, promotional rates or if you booked less than 2 weeks out pier pick up was the way it was handled. You have nothing to worry about, so try and relax. Yes, I hope you get them before you leave. They make everything seem real. NMNita

Archived