Early Flight

cds62

I know we would be pushing it, but we are looking at a cruise for February on Princess. The most convenient and cheapest flight would have us departing FLL at 10:18am. Is this possible or not likely? I can't remember what time we got off the last time but do remember it is a 10-15 minute drive from the port to the airport.

it might depend on the day of the week....Saturdays and Sundays are busy early because that is when most cruise ships arrive and depart. If you are doing a 10dayer, then you might be getting off mid-week....also depends on how long it takes the ship to receive its clearance to begin off-loading passengers....and the level of security at the airport.

I think you are pushing it....

Our other option would be to fly out of West Palm Beach. How bad is the drive from Port Everglads and how much would a taxi cost? Is it about the same distance as going from FLL to the Port of Miami?

You did not say what date. Don't forget the Super Bowl is in Miami I think on the 4th or 5th of Feb. Even though it is FLL it is close to Miami and if you want a hotel pre cruise the hotel situation there is extremely full.

Marilyn

Hi there...

We are sailing on the Star Princess in April, out of Port Everglades. The airfare from Newark to FLL was extremely high (Easter Saturday).

We ended up getting a great airfare from Philly to West Palm Beach. We have done this before, it's about an hour from PBI to Port Everglades... that was without traffic when we did it last time (a Sunday each way). I hope others can chime in on how Saturday traffic is between PBI and Port Everglades. Unfortunately, since we have to allow the travel time back to PBI after the cruise is over, we had to schedule a "later flight" than we would have had it been FLL. If I recall, the flight is around 1:30.

Since we have a group travelling we'll split the cost and get a car/van service each way.

I know we would be pushing it, but we are looking at a cruise for February on Princess. The most convenient and cheapest flight would have us departing FLL at 10:18am. Is this possible or not likely? I can't remember what time we got off the last time but do remember it is a 10-15 minute drive from the port to the airport.

I would say it's not worth the stress of trying to get on that early flight, you will ruin your whole relaxing cruise over the flight back, try stay a night post cruise and get the early flight the next day:D :D JMO

It is probably possible but I would not want to chance it. Lots of things could cause a delay (customs / immigration / weather / traffic / ??) and then you are out of luck.

Plus, to do it and give yourself a better chance to make it, you should do self (or early) disembarkation (dragging off your own bags).

Like others have posted - it can be important if there are other ships disembarking on the same day..... However, for us last month we were scheduled for a 11:50 am flight out of FLL - got off the Sun among the first 3 or 4 groups and arrived at the airport by 8:30 am. Good thing too - because our flight had been cancelled going into Dallas (freezing rain) but there was a flight departing at 9:30 that was still a go - so they put us on that flight and we had no issues.

Be aware that the security line seems to take forever there at FLL. Only 2 lines and they are extremely picky!!!!! Definately have your baggie of liquids pre-done and ready to deposit into their tubs on the conveyer belt.

Archived