Do you have a favorite Bartender on the QueenMaryII?

Joyfredsblondecruiser

It appears to me after three cruises on the Queen Mary 2 (II represents a person) that the Commodore Club on Deck Nine is one of the favorite places for many passengers. It has a great view of the bow during the day, and a piano player at night. There are many comfortable leather chairs available with small tables for big drinks.

There is a large model of the Queen Mary 2 behind the bar. Nearby the Commodore Club is Churchill's for cigar and pipe smoking and the Boardroom for just quiet sitting. It is called the Boardroom but looks somewhat like the living room in someone's home.

Most gatherings of the Cruise Critic Members take place in the Commodore Club as do other groups with a common interest.

Of course, you should also have one glass of Veuve Clicquot in the Veuve Clicquot Champagne Bar on Deck Three in the Grand Lobby area. The Queen Mary 2 was christened with a bottle of Veuve Clicquot by Queen Elizabeth II at the Naming Ceremony in 2004. Personally, I think that this bar is one of the most beautiful places on board.

Bon Voyage! Terrence

Jason in the Queens Grill Lounge and Granwell (not sure about spelling) in the Commodore Club;) Spent lots of time with them last week:eek:

i 2nd that jason is a great guy!! also oya use to be in queens grill bartender but now she is the manager of the queens room tea and drinks and also g-32 disco!! oya husband is the maitre'd in the p-grill !!!

granwell use to be the service bartender in the queens grill!!!

• 2 months later...
Of course, you should also have one glass of Veuve Clicquot in the Veuve Clicquot Champagne Bar on Deck Three in the Grand Lobby area. The Queen Mary 2 was christened with a bottle of Veuve Clicquot by Queen Elizabeth II at the Naming Ceremony in 2004.Terrence

Does anyone really drink Veuve because the Queen pressed a button that broke a bottle?

Drink it because you like it - fine. But any other reason really is a bit daft.

Matthew

I am just wondering which Bar on the Queen Mary2 would be good for a group of cc people to meet for a drink? Happy Sailing, Joy

Hi Joy

I would also recommend the Commodore Club for a meet up. This is a fantastic forward facing lounge with stunning views over the bow. Try to arrive by one of the two outside elevators. It's a superb lounge/bar, and with The Board Room (port) and Churchills Cigar Lounge (starboard), the three make up a wonderful suite of rooms. Nothing else like it.

You'll be able to see where Penny (Patwell) was dragged from this room on her last night and the bar staff still talk of the amount of scotch I put away each visit.

Enjoy your voyage

Archived