Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport

Qmadam

Youll find a TON of information about hotels in the FT LAUDERDALE area in the "North American Homeports" section under: "East Coast Departures"

Very knowledgable residents of that area happy to help you out.

Have stayed here one night pre-cruise. Got in late and the restaurant was closed. They shuttled us to another great restaurant and when we were done with dinner, they gave us the telephone number to have the shuttle pick us back up.

Not much in the area, but for a one night stay I would reccommend it.

Cracker Ken I saw you are still in the business of helping find a hotel. We will be in Fort Lauderdale for one night on April 29. Can you recommend one to us? We stayed in the Springhill Suites in Tampa and your recommendation certainly was correct. Any suggestions will be gratefully received. Oh I almost forgot, we will be on Amsterdam (Hal). One day soon we hope to try the Celebrity.

I apologize if I should not have asked this question here and will understand if you do not respond. Thank you.

Boards - This is a long ways from my usual stomping grounds, but I've been to that corner of the state on business many times. There's a nice Holiday Inn located at I-95 and Sheridan Street, just S. of the Ft. Lauderdale Airport. It's a very nice Holiday Inn property. They had the wall behind the front desk covered in awards and I can see how they earned them. This should be more reasonable than the Sheraton that was mentioned. I've stayed here on business a time or two, and I recently recommended that my AVP from Home Office stay there while in the area doing interviews. There is a restaurant in the hotel, however there is a Denny's out front joining the parking lot. To the W. on Sheridan Road is a Longhorn Steakhouse. There are other things in the area too. Check them out on the web. They provide a shuttle to the sea port at Port Everglades daily for $10 each way. It's quick and easy to get to this hotel from the airport, and easy to get to the docks too.

Ken

We stayed at the Sheraton in Fort Lauderdale last year, right after a hurricane did lots of damage to the area. It was a very nice hotel. Very clean and the beds were very comfortable. I also got mine on Priceline for about 55.00 and was more than pleased with the choice and a great price. Have a great time on your cruise.

Archived