Labadee parasailing questions for the fluffy folks?

flagger

HI Flagger

Yes there is a weight lomit, and they do not prefer that people go solo, though I have seen it done. I am a bit fluffy 170 lbs when we did it, went with hubby and I tandem, (one and only time hubby went cruising) but anyways, I could be wrong here, but I believe I read that the weight limit is 250 lbs.

I have been skydiving twice and thought that skydiving was alot more fun and safer than the parasail, I did not feel safe and secure on the parasail, as you have to put your butt on a skinney lil 4-5" strap and then they put a harness around you. I felt fearful because of the skinney lil belt you sit on. even though it is only 400 ft up, as compared to 12,000 feet up for a skydive, at least when you tandum skydive you are tethered very tight

and very close to the jump master and it is a safe feeling of comfort, which is quite different to be suspended over water on a skinny strap for the big bottom :eek:

I could be wrong here, but I believe I read that the weight limit is 250 lbs.

My wife parasailed at Coco Cay last year, and loved it. According to the RCCL excursions brochure, the combined weight limit is actually 375 pounds combined.

"This tour will take you up 400 feet for a bird’s eye view of the breathtaking crystal blue water below and the surrounding islands. Guests between the ages of 12-15 must fly with parent or guardian. Flight time 5-6 minutes. Maximum combined weight is 375 lbs."

I had to laugh..... fluffy

I have been using that term for years with our dog.... "she's not fat, she's fluffy" (it's the fur that makes her look that way.

I have never heard it used with people before. I certainly hope people don't roll their eyes when you say it like they do when I say it.

It made me laugh, I'm not the only one who believes in "fluffiness"

My wife parasailed at Coco Cay last year, and loved it. According to the RCCL excursions brochure, the combined weight limit is actually 375 pounds combined.

"This tour will take you up 400 feet for a bird’s eye view of the breathtaking crystal blue water below and the surrounding islands. Guests between the ages of 12-15 must fly with parent or guardian. Flight time 5-6 minutes. Maximum combined weight is 375 lbs."

That is good to know.. I did not know for certain what the weight limit was... good I guess, that I have a very skinny hubby (5'9) and 140 pounds

I have been using that term for years with our dog.... "she's not fat, she's fluffy" (it's the fur that makes her look that way.

I have never heard it used with people before. I certainly hope people don't roll their eyes when you say it like they do when I say it.

LOL and fluffy I am....I now have about 188 pounds of fluffy!

I lost a waterproof camera that we took up with us, the rubber band wrist strap broke and fell to the sea... never to be found again :(

much happier that we lost the camera than my dentures... that would have been horrible, since labadee was our first port of call.. could you imagine???:eek: :eek:

I was reading about parasailing on Labadee and there is a weight limit. Do they allow fluffy folks to go up solo instead of in tandem.

Thanks.

We were in Labadee 11/2005. DH and my friend's DH parasailed, they went up tandem and loved it. They both exceed 240 lbs.

The boat didn't get towed under nor did the rope break. Oh and they managed to hold onto the waterproof camera too.

You'll be fine.

I went parasailing at Orient Beach, St Marten. I weigh about 225 pounds. Don,t recall anything being said about weight. I just paid the fee and climbed onto the boat. They hooked me up in the harness and then away I went. My rear end just barely touched the water on take off and then boom I was up in the air about 400 or so feet. A breathtaking view of the beach and the surrounding area. Loved it. When I came down again my rear barely touched the water and I scooted onto the boat. Very smooth landing. By the way I am 78 years young. Would love to do a sky dive.

The term fluffy in reference to over weight people has been around for years.

I lost a waterproof camera that we took up with us, the rubber band wrist strap broke and fell to the sea... never to be found again :(

much happier that we lost the camera than my dentures...

LOL! I'm so sorry, but I burst into giggles when I read your comment - hubby called from the other room to ask what was so funny!! I can just imagine your horror and disappointment at losing your camera. Sorry.

:p

Archived