Day Use Passes at Grand Cayman Hotels

VernRDH

I also posted on the RCI board.........

I have emailed a number of hotels on Seven Mile Beach to inquire about day use passes for cruise passengers. I have heard from 2 so far. I will update this as I hear from more. The two I have heard from are:

Ritz Carlton-no day use passes, strict hotel guest only policy on use of pool/beach/restrooms.

Westin-no day use passes, strict hotel guest only policy on use of pool/beach/restrooms.

Hope this is helpful info to any one looking for a beach day in GC.

We are going on Carnival in March and I notice they have a shore excursion to Beach Club Colony for $21.00 which includes chair, towel, pool and beach use and one drink. You pay your own transportation to get there. Has anyone done this? The Beach Club Colony doesn't get great reviews on Tripadvisor, but I'm just looking for a nice section of beach.

As an alternative, does anyone know if there is a public beach that rents chairs? My daughter and I don't really need a chair, but my 78 year old father does.

Beach Club Colony is one of the hotels I emailed. I have not heard from them yet. I don't know anything about the Carnival excursions as I have only sailed RCI. Hoping to find out soon.

The Beach Club Colony does have day passes available as does their sister resort Spanish Bay. I've spent a week at Spanish Bay and love it but wouldn't recommend it for beachgoers ( as there is no sand beach) We go there to dive. Beach Club Colony is on a nice chunk of white sand on 7 Mile. Easy to get to and a straight shot from the port. Not a fancy place ( and truthfully, I haven't stayed there) but if it's beach you want, you won't be disappointed. ( I have been to BCC on a day trip from Spanish Bay)

Spanish Bay is a long distance from the cruise dock--we went there on a day long all inclusive excursion== there's a nice pool, a decent buffet & open bar--just that getting there might require a car rental or expensive cab ride...

Archived