CD List 2007

MrPete

I was just on the Pride a coule of weeks ago and Jeff was the Cruise Director. He seems to do his job just fine. I do not understand how the Cruise Director can play such a large part in your vacation experience. I read a couple posts where people sound as if they will make a cruising decision based on the Cruise Director. That is pretty suprising to me. Are they really that big a part of things to you? to me, its just somebody that has a speaking part hear and there...not a big deal one way or the other.

Just off the Paradise April 2,2007 The cruise director is now "Karl with a K"

In Nov06 he was asst CD to Jeff Bronson on the Pride. He told us he will be filling in as temp CD on Pride next month while Jeff is on vacation... (FYI) Karl is awesome and reminds me of a WEEEE Jimmy protege.... :)

Glad to hear Karl is getting some more "air time". We thought he was hilarious in his own "karl with a K" show on the Miracle (or was it the Pride?) We will be back on the liberty this dec and I can't help but wonder who we'll get. We don't cruise because of the CD but sometimes it's nice to recognize a name! The only one I remember from the 2005 liberty was the assistant CD it was Butch... we were subjected to Butch's Dance Class OVER AND OVER AND OVER on the in cabin TV.

Glad to hear Karl is getting some more "air time". We thought he was hilarious in his own "karl with a K" show on the Miracle (or was it the Pride?) We will be back on the liberty this dec and I can't help but wonder who we'll get. We don't cruise because of the CD but sometimes it's nice to recognize a name! The only one I remember from the 2005 liberty was the assistant CD it was Butch... we were subjected to Butch's Dance Class OVER AND OVER AND OVER on the in cabin TV.

But Butch was FUN and very sociable. We enjoyed him! (but didn't watch him on tv!).

He and John Heald were quite a team on the Liberty. I'd never even noticed the CD or Asst CD on my previous cruises!!

Butch was funny... my daughter who is now 4 (she was almost 3 on the liberty) still remembers "The Cha Cha cha guy" thats how much they played it. It wasn't John Heald... not sure who the CD was on that cruise!

Celebration: SKIP LYONS

Conquest: MARC PRICE

Destiny: LENNY HALLIDAY

Ecstasy: GOOSE NEUMAN

Elation: STUART DUNN

Fantasy: BIG TEX

Fascination: DANNY BLAKE

Freedom: JOHN HEALD ----> http://johnheald.wordpress.com/

Glory: WEE JIMMY

Holiday: STEVE CASSEL

Imagination: MALCOLM BURN

Inspiration: RISA BARNES

Legend: CHRIS ROBERTS

Liberty: TODD WITTMER

Miracle: BRENT MITCHELL

Paradise: MICHAEL MULLANE

Pride: JEFF BRONSON

Sensation: MATT ROSS

Spirit: RYAN FITZGERALD

Triumph: PAUL SANTLEY

Valor: CHRIS JEFFERSON

Victory: JORGE SOLANO

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Legend a few weeks ago--Chris Roberts was still CD.

Darcy Knievel was the Asst. CD. I talked to her on the Lido one day and she said she just found out she was going to the Inspiration as Cruise Director when our cruise returned to Tampa.

Fascination: DANNY BLAKE

Inspiration: DARCY KNIEVEL

Legend: CHRIS ROBERTS

Liberty: JAMES SMITH

Miracle: BRENT MITCHELL

Paradise: MICHAEL MULLANE

Pride: JEFF BRONSON

Sensation: MATT ROSS

Spirit: RYAN FITZGERALD

Triumph: PAUL SANTLEY

Valor: CHRIS JEFFERSON

Victory: JORGE SOLANO

Annoying... thats the only word I can think of to describe this person. EVERY time he spoke, he was goofy, meaning trying to be funny-but wasn't. Also said, Byeeeee....I said BYEeee.. every time he was done speaking on stage... I really have enjoyed many CD's but for me, in my opinion only...was just not up to par. Along with many silly stupid games for adults that were too preschool'..

LOL I agree. I went on the Valor for Spring Break April 1-8 on the Exotic Western. I was informed that just the week before he had been on the Legend but no one could inform me about him in time. He was VERY annoying. I have heard he was much better as a social host. He did give a variety of games and activities. I think the BEST thing he did all cruise was the Far from Over laser show (I'm looking to see if anyone might have filmed it because I know people from my cruise did so they can send it to me...I still remember it from how amazing it was). You could see he was exited and pumped with the RELAX song. Everytime he said BYEEEE I would say Good Riddance to him.

The reason I say he is annoying is because you never saw him, he attempted to be funny and caring but it didn't work and him and his staff simply don't care. They cover for each other and (at least on my cruise) the staff is correct and the cruisers are not. (One of his social hosts had a miscommunication with him and her rude treatment and attitude towards my elderly grandmother caused a problem during tendering. He never spoke to her nor kept his promise of writing a letter informing us about what he did.) I have gone on other carnival cruises and the cruise director I had aboard the Paradise was the best one I have had so far.

Overall his staff is a disaster (him included, with the exclusion of his assistant cruise director). I have let carnival know and I hope that for my next cruise, aboard the Freedom, that the staff is much better. Question though: Does Carnival tell you who the cruise director/ staff is if you call them prior to the trip? Someone told me to try this but the only way I learned about my cruise director has been through boards.

I'd like to know if Todd Wittmer (Liberty CD) is on vacation or if he has moved on. He was on Conquest when we sailed with him and he is great. I know the guy listed was on the most recent sailing, but was wondering if this was a temporary or permanent assignment.

I do not see her on the list. Is she gone on vacation again?

I was about to plan a trip on the Inspiration, but only because she was on it.

Anybody know where she is now...or is going to be??

For me, Risa made my New Years cruise last year. She was so genuine and friendly and willing to meet the passengers.

When I sailed on the Celebration again last March, it was really special when several of the crew remembered me, even if she was on vacation.

I fully agree Jabee. Risa rocks!! She was so nice and really involved guest into her world as though they were long time friends. The first time we cruise Celebration her family was on vacation on board. The next time she remembered us and even spent the evening in the piano bar with us. A good ol' Carolina girl! Southern hospitality!

I've been reading about how much everyone likes Wee Jimmy, but I've also read that he is going on vacation in June. We will be on the Glory in July. Does anyone have any idea who will be the CD at that time?

WOW! Todd must be on vacation (as the previous poster suggested) because he sure wasn't on the Liberty very long. I don't see his name listed anyplace else. I sure hope he didn't quit Carnival.

I would guess Todd went on vacation. He has been on the Liberty since November so that would put him at the six months on there.

Todd is a great CD, I wish he would come back to the Conquest so that he would be CD when I cruise in January.

Hmmmm I wonder, Since the great John Heald anounced he would be bringing the Splendor out in his Blog, I wonder if Todd will take over the Freedom?

Fascination: TREVOR BLOCK

Inspiration: DARCY KNIEVEL