Margaritaville, Ochos Rios...more info please.

sherry7

Wondering if someone can give me some more info about Margaritaville in Ocho Rios? I checked out their website, but wanted some personal opinions too.

We are not really big drinkers (I get drunk after 2! :D ), so will we enjoy this place? Or is it more of a place to go and drink? I also have a son who will be 15 when we cruise...is there much for him to do?

I saw on their website that there is no charge to get in. Is there a charge for the water trampoline, pool, or water slide?

Thanks! :)

Margaritaville is not just for drinkers. The one in Ocho Rios is situated right on the beach. So if your son likes the beach and water he will be just fine. The water trampoline is a favorite among the young ones too. From what I have read, it sounds like the pool area is free. I think they charge you for all water sports like paddle boats, jet ski's and kayaks. One warning though, it is very touristy with lots of tourists and cruisers around. If you're wanting a quiet, relaxing day near the water this is not the place to go. But if you like lots of people and your son is looking for someone his own age to hang out with, then this is probably perfect for you.

Margaritaville is a fun place to visit! Here's a link from the old board where Margaritaville was discussed. Some of the links to the pictures don't work, but some still do. It will give you an idea what the place looks like.

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=509097554&m=6343037027

I don't remember seeing waverunners at Margaritaville (Island Village), but I do remember seeing them being rented right off the pier (next to the ship).

They have a price board right on the beach, but I believe there was no charge for chairs (on the beach) if you purchased something from Margaritaville. I also don't remember there being a charge to use the pool or slide.

Margaritaville is located inside the Island Village complex, which is right next to the cruise ship pier...It's a short couple minute walk to the ship. When we were there, there were a lot of people drinking a lot, but there were also as many people who were not. The shopping complex has lots of neat little shops, but you pay for the items as marked, unlike the other areas where you haggle for the final price.

We enjoyed the place. We did a tour with Ionie & Lewis McBeam, then spent the afternoon eating lunch and hanging out at Margaritaville.... :)

We really enjoyed our day at Margaritaville. Firstly, we headed to the beach and rental beach chairs for $5.00 a piece. The beach was really nice and we wern't bothered by locals as they were not permitted in the complex. After a few hours of swimming in the ocean, enjoing a refreshing tropical drink and baking in the sun we decided to join many of our fellow passengers in the bar area.

It was a BLAST. I even entered a dance competition and won (asnd I have three left feet!). Music was great, food was really good and the atmosphere was amazing. Truthfully Margaritaville was one of our favorite stops on our cruise.

You don't need to be a big drinker to enjoy this place. Have a great time.

Dan

When we were in OR in April 2003, we went to M'ville. All the "toys" were free w/the purchase of a drink [they gave you a wristband to show you'd bought a drink - though we had to ask]. Is that still the case? It was very relaxing and fun, too, and we plan to do it again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived