Flagship Hotel Over the Water

They have done alot of work on it over the last few times we have been down to Galveston but I have not heard anything good about the place. I have never stayed there myself and there is always a lot of cars parked around it! So take it for what it is worth but I would not try it since Galveston has so many other options.

We stayed at a Comfort Inn close to the Flagship a few years ago. The Flagship looked REALLY run-down.....almost HAUNTED!!! The Comfort Inn where we were was not spectacular,just your bare bones, no frills hotel, but I was glad I was there and not at the Flagship!

There are many very nice hotels in Galveston that have been talked about on the boards. Hopefully, someone will mention them on this thread or, if not, try to do a search on Galveston hotels. Good Luck!!

Stayed there about 2 years ago. It was run down, the elevator very small and slow. Cont. breakfast was a box of donuts on a table. Part of the ceiling in the shower fell down while bathing. The balacony was nice and location of hotel was also. Even my kids did not like it. Sad, since I have heard and read it used to be on the best places to stay years ago. I would recommend staying in another hotel. I agree about tripadvisor.com. Good place for info on hotels.

The last time I was there was '97. It was beat then. I wouldn't doubt anything negative you are seeing here. The Flagship needs to be completely renovated or closed down.

Hit the Motel 6 on Seawall Drive. It was reasonably nice. Joe's Crab Shack on Seawall is a bit better than average for that restaurant chain as well.

Enjoy! Kill a cabbage-head jellyfish if you can. The waters around Galveston are infested with 'em. They're annoying if you want to go fishing.

Archived