HAL returns to Rotterdam

wvdleek

Lucky us, we received 4 bags, the girls wanted to get rid of them:) And Ine, I sat opposite you, I remember your lovely jacket and golden bag. I was with my lovely grandson of 7 years old, he took pictures....

Fout gegokt...die mevrouw zat toevallig naast mij, maar we hebben gezellig zitten kletsen.

That is the lady we had nice conversation with...

Lucky us, we received 4 bags, the girls wanted to get rid of them:) ...

Ventru,

When you come to the Rotterdam Infocenter, can you leave one of those bags for my friend ? ?

His name is Leon Beesemer. He is this Saturday on duty.

Willem van der Leek

Meneer van der Leek; is it your understanding that all European reservations for HAL are now going through the Rotterdam office?

Also, any updated ETA on when Rotterdam V is coming home? Would be nice to have her in Rotjeknor in time for Eurodam's inaugural festivities

According to an events calendar set up by the municipality of Rotterdam in coordination with police, firebrigade, port authority and shipowner, the date was set on 14 September 2007.

However, last Sunday, the Manager of De Rotterdam BV (the shipowner) declared on TV Rijnmond they probably cannot meet that date.

I have no idea about an other date, as no one is coming with any information :(

Anyway, they do have a contract for a congres to be held on board in November.

Willem

According to an events calendar set up by the municipality of Rotterdam in coordination with police, firebrigade, port authority and shipowner, the date was set on 14 September 2007.

However, last Sunday, the Manager of De Rotterdam BV (the shipowner) declared on TV Rijnmond they probably cannot meet that date.

Willem

Vriendelijk bedankt voor de informatie/Thank you very much for the info:) Just hoping she'll be there by Summer 2008!

Ventru,

When you come to the Rotterdam Infocenter, can you leave one of those bags for my friend ? ?

His name is Leon Beesemer. He is this Saturday on duty.

Willem van der Leek

I would centainly consider that, had not I promised to give them to my friends, who were on our cruise but could not attend the opening. That's why we all received a bag, normally I am not so greedy.

Fout gegokt...die mevrouw zat toevallig naast mij, maar we hebben gezellig zitten kletsen.

That is the lady we had nice conversation with...

Gelukkig.... het vest viel nogal op.... probeerde het voorzichtig te zeggen..... ;)

I would centainly consider that, had not I promised to give them to my friends, who were on our cruise but could not attend the opening. That's why we all received a bag, normally I am not so greedy.

Well, never mind. It was worth trying :)

Willem

Following up on what Mr. van Der Leek said, found this update for Rotterdam V's return to the City of Rotterdam on WOCLS's e-letter

"The beloved, 1959-built Rotterdam, in the final stages of renovation as a moored hotel, conference center & museum ship at Wilhelmshaven in Germany, will see her homeport in Holland by September. The return date is actually fixed for September 14th, a day short of the 49th anniversary of her the 748-foot long ship’s launching at the Rotterdam Dry Dock Company yard".

Here's hoping she will remain on schedule!

Thanks for the info, I already heard about it from the Lantermans in Seattle, but do you have any info about the old SS. Rotterdam being moored across from the building? Rgds, PD oftewel Gerard Borremans, Napa Valley,Ca.

Archived