$50.00 per person shipboard credit

Orcrone

[quote name='Orcrone']I'm sure many people know about this, but I'm just mentioning it for those who don't. HAL is still offering their $50.00 per person shipboard. It's promo 7031. Even if you're already booked have your TA call HAL. They should still honor it. I also believe that it's a larger credit for suites.

Let me know if this helps anyone.:)[/QUOTE]

I sent the info off to my TA and she was able to get me a $25.00 credit (The $50 is for Category E and up.) and the same credit for several others sailing on this Service Dog training cruise....Thanks for the info!
:o

[quote name='sologrip']several others sailing on this Service Dog training cruise....Thanks for the info!
:o[/QUOTE]
[color=darkorchid]How neat! I've only seen one Service Dog on my few cruises - but a training cruise? I think that is [b]awesome[/b] a cruiseline does that![/color]

We were able to secure the on board credit of $50/person with prom 7031 the other day by calling HAL direct for our 9/25 Zuiderdam. Granted, we stopped using T/A's a few years ago as most of the one's we dealt with in the past always seemed to miss some details that we caught and it was frustrating to have to go through a third party when it is so much easier to talk directly to the cruise line. With the Mariner discounts being hard to beat, we have not found any great savings going through a cruise broker.

[quote name='BnCCruisers']Booked on the Zuiderdam 8/28 thru PriceLine Cruises. Was able to get an "S" suite for $1,075/pp. Emailed the TA that I worked with at PriceLine and received the following result:

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]I just called Holland America and that promotion is available but not with our low rates. In order to use the Promotion code 7031 the rate on your cabin will increase from $1075 (base) to $2145 (base). I didn't think that you would want to pay that much more for a SBC. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me anytime.
[/COLOR]

Not sure if this is just a line or if they are serious. In any event, I'm not complaining as this was a pretty good price. But I AM interested to know if anyone else has booked a HAL cruise with PriceLine, and if so did you get this (or any) promotion?[/QUOTE]

I had pretty much the same experience with a different online agency. The price was the same ($1075 for an S suite) and they were told by HAL that the credit did not apply to our rate. Although the credit would have been nice, in the long run I'm happy with the overall price.

• 2 weeks later...
We booked with an on-line agent for category I (inside) Oct 23 on Zui - got the best price I found anywhere. After booking, sent e-mail to agent with "7031" requesting the credit. We did get the $25/person. Yeah! Pays for drink card for DH, I guess I'll go shopping :-)

Never hurts to ask!!!!

For those who may be interested, we received $50pp shipboard credit for our 10/09/04 Zuiderdam cruise and also $75pp shipboard credit for our 3/14/05, 16 day cruise on the Amsterdam to South America. The Amsterdam booking is an inside guarantee. The Zuiderdam booking is inside, category J.

[quote name='croftonbill']i emailed a copy of this thread to HAL-they responded that threads like this just confuse the issue.there are just too many variables,length of cruise,who you book with,price you pay etc.etc.frankly they said scewya!!![/QUOTE]HAL doesn't like threads discussing shipboard credits. How surprising. :rolleyes: I wonder how many people received credits who would not have otherwise, if it were not for bulleting board threads? I know I'm one of them.:)

Just called HAL and requested the credit on our 13 day Prinsendam 9/20/04 cruise (Lisbon to Athens).

We had booked thru Hal and had already paid in full.

The nice lady said I could not have the credit for three reasons--

1. it is cruise specific and this cruise is not included.

2. The credit must be asked for at time of booking. They are not allowed to offer the promo (ie: the customer must already know about it).

3. The promo cannot be combined with any other promo.

It sounds like a recommendation to deal thru a travel agent instead of directly with HAL. It seems that most of the people getting the credit after the fact were represented by a TA with some pull. If you go directly, you are on your own.

She also mentioned that this promo was, until recently, only available thru TAs and only recently was offered to others.

[quote name='Jimbo and Katy']I too booked a March cruise on the Zuiderdam today and was told that HAL told my TA that the 7031 code was only good on 2004 cruises. Does anyone know what the Promo 267 is?
I may try and call HAL directly and see what they say to me.

Katy[/QUOTE]Hi Katy,

Promo 267 is supposed to be a $50 pp shipboard credit for your S suite. However, the flyer I got from my TA said it was only good until Aug. 20. Let me know how you make out.

BTW, I saw your post in the roll call forum. I'm on the same cruise and replied to you there too.

Just came back from the roll call and I see you already saw my post. Never mind.

Marc

[quote name='Kay D']We are considering booking 10/23 on Zuiderdam -- does the promo apply on that one too? (New to HAL)[/QUOTE]

Kay D - we are on the the 10/23 - rec'd $25 pp using 7031 for an inside cabin. Hope you are joining us.

[quote name='croftonbill']i emailed a copy of this thread to HAL-they responded that threads like this just confuse the issue.there are just too many variables,length of cruise,who you book with,price you pay etc.etc.frankly they said scewya!!![/QUOTE]
Hey, I see you are on my cruise. Want meet on board?

Sorry for being off topic....:)

just called my TA cruise value center,after three call to them i finally to talk to someone.they said i could not get any credits,new bookings only---called HAL and they same thing---i am pretty disapointed---other people must have better pull than me---maybe i will call back to try and get somebody in a better mood---thanks everyone-----tom---:mad:

[quote name='truxell3']just called my TA cruise value center,after three call to them i finally to talk to someone.they said i could not get any credits,new bookings only---called HAL and they same thing---i am pretty disapointed---other people must have better pull than me---maybe i will call back to try and get somebody in a better mood---thanks everyone-----tom---:mad:[/QUOTE]I sent CVC an e-mail. Someone named Christine got us the shipboard credit for the 09/04 sailing. We had to cancel and re-booked for 10/30. I've requested the credit but haven't received anything yet.

We are cruising with HAL for the first time on the 24th. and had our TA check out this promo for us, Today we were told by the TA that while no decision has been made by HAL, it did not apply to all cruises. Needless to say, we are not holding our breath !!!

Thank you for posting the information about this promotion. We have two cabins booked on Zuiderdam in December, so we had our TA call HAL and sure enough, we qualified for the $50.00 per person credit. I would never have known about it if I didn't read about it on this post. Thanks again!!

[quote name='Debzee53']Thank you for posting the information about this promotion. We have two cabins booked on Zuiderdam in December, so we had our TA call HAL and sure enough, we qualified for the $50.00 per person credit. I would never have known about it if I didn't read about it on this post. Thanks again!![/QUOTE]Debzee,

I notice that this is your first post. Welcome to the board and I'm glad we could help you out.

Orcrone

• 2 weeks later...
I thought people might be interested in HAL's response to a letter I sent to Seattle. We had been booked for the 7 day Maasdam Canada and New England cruise in July. About three days before the cruise, we got a call from our TA saying the cruise was overbooked, and HAL was offerring incentives to change. We did in fact change to a Rotterdam 10 day Panama Canal cruise in December in a better class of room with a refund of part of our price for Maasdam. It really is a great deal, pretty much two for the price of one.

Any way, the point of this is that when our TA called about the promo, she was told that we already had too good a deal to give us any credit. So I wrote a letter pointing out that we moved for their convenience, not ours. Yesterday, we got a letter agreeing that we should be allowed the credit, and we each got a $50 shipboard credit. I'll be taking the letter with me on the cruise, to be sure.

We're very pleased with their response. I wasn't upset about the original denial; I just thought it was worth the time to write.

Archived