Which beach in Cabo San Lucas

mattR

Which beach in Cabo San Lucas would be best for my family. Me and my wife and our son(9) and daughter(4) Would like something nice that isn't hard to get too but also isn't crawling with vendors? Would perfer something not too far from the cruise dock. Thanks for any help!

lovers beach--- no vendors, but also no bathrooms,,

or medano beach, resturants,, bathrooms,, lots of vendors...

its kinda a toss up, we like medano better its more kid friendly,, and theres more to do, like renting jet skis, parasailing, etc...

Hi Matt,

For you and the kids, Playa Medano is the best bet...and the safest. When you anchor in the bay as you come in Playa Medano will be off the starboard side. You will be able to see the restaurants etc.

Although there are vendors, there's everything you need including banana boats, jetskis, rentals etc as well as the restaurants.

Playa Medano is merely a sandbar between El Arco and Land's End that has been formed by tidal action over the years. To get ther you have to get a water taxi and unless you want nothing...that's ther place to go. Ironically the other side of this is known as Widow's Beach because the Pacific side beaches are all subject to fierce riptides and swimming is prohibited and many men went missing...(a jilted lover?)

Your tender will take you to the main dock at the Marina. Walk out of the Marina, turmn right alon the edge of the marina, and there are numerous water taxis that will ake you right to Medano Beach, but....be prepared to get your feet wet as you jump out of the water taxi.

To get back to the ship, you can pre-arrange a pickup time for a water taxi or take a regular taxi back to the main dock.

Don't forget to be back on board at least 30 mins prior to sailaway. There's nothing more beautiful than watching the lights on a cruise ship as she weighs and anchor and heads out to sea....as long as it's not yours!!!

Ciao for now!!!

Medano Beach is the only beach in Cabo that has facilities like restaurants, water sports, restrooms, etc. It's also just a short water taxi ride from the port.

As the only developed beach in Cabo San Lucas, there are vendors aplenty - they're friendly though - drop them a simple "No Gracias" if you're not interested, and they'll move along.

We walked from the dock to the Mango Bar and sat out front. We were attacked by vendors and we were ignoring them. Until the people next to us, showed interest, it was like a swarm of bees, but at least they were off of us. I saw people sitting with signs "No Gracias" and "No Thank You" in the sand. Not sure if that worked. It's so gorgeous to see your ship parked out there, the arcos to the right. Just awesome.

It was quite a walk, but we needed to walk off some of the food.

Hi there. Thanks for the info on Medano Beach. We'll be hitting Cabo in May.

Does anyone know if one can rent a palapa (sp?) or a cabanna on Medano Beach?

A couple of us in our group (including myself) need shade and are willing to pay for it...would like the luxury of having some lounge chairs and a cabanna (preferrably).

• 2 months later...

We will probably just go to the beach for a couple hours and I really like the look of Lovers beach with all the huge rock formations. So how do we get a water taxi there and how much dose it cost? Again is it ok to bring our little beach shade tent?

yeah bring the tent for shade. thats a GOOD IDEA..

once you get off the tender in cabo, you can get on a water taxi to go to lovers beach , it was like 10$ each way i think, for 4 of us when we went,

its a nice ride over,,

have fun, when are you leaving ?

We paid $3.00 for a water taxi to Medono. We had fun there but the venders were annoying. I've wondered about paying one of them $10.00 to be my guard for an hour and keep everyone else away. Do you think it would work?

LOL I WISH...............

I tried to not make eye contact, but that didnt help neither, i know they are trying to make money but it was annoying...

then they start offering drugs and all that...i always make my husband sit close , they are scared of him sometimes, because hes a husky Samoan with a lot of tattoos... LOL

it worked sometimes, but then they thought he was mexican and they started speaking spanish to him LOL

The Office has lots of shade. We hung at the Mango Deck this time. They have loungers with umbrellas on the beach. It's yours as long as you order some food and drinks. We were there for 3+ hours...no problem...good service. Much better option than hauling an umbrella.

The vendors on Medano seem highly controlled with licenses. Mango Deck had signs they'd put up next to you that said "No, Gracias." The vendors didn't completely leave us alone but they didn't pester at all. I like talking to them so I was actually bummed the waitress put the sign up.

We walked back and forth to Medano from the cruise ship. It's a short walk, especially by beach. Kids may prefer the water taxi or taxi.

We went to Medano Beach last week when we were on the Vision of the Seas. Getting the Water Taxi was no problem, just get off the pier and basically pick one there in the water :) We didnt Pre-book the return, instead when we were ready to leave, we just walked to where they had let us off the water taxi and soon enough, a taxi came and dropped people off and on we jumped. I'm not sure if Medano is a good place for kids... when we were there, there were a TON of vendors, and some "very adult" contests and cames going on outside The Office (involving "how many positions you can act out" and the like...)... Personally, if I got back to Cabo, I'm going to Lover's Beach... I heard it was EXQUISITE!

Archived