RCCL Ownership

A very interesting show on E! Network on Billionairre Babies. You saw the Trump kids, the Branson kids, and the then intro'd Leisel Pritzker, who's daddy Jay owns Hyatt Regency & Royal Caribbean Cruise Line. (I almost dropped by coffee mug)

She sued dear daddy, his accountants & his lawyers with her brother for 1 billion stolen from theiir trust fund. Both kids won getting half a billion each! So that's why we always get Hyatt hotels when you book pre or post cruises & they are not cheap! Daddy wants his billion back!

A very interesting show on E! Network on Billionairre Babies. You saw the Trump kids, the Branson kids, and the then intro'd Leisel Pritzker, who's daddy Jay owns Hyatt Regency & Royal Caribbean Cruise Line. (I almost dropped by coffee mug)

She sued dear daddy, his accountants & his lawyers with her brother for 1 billion stolen from theiir trust fund. Both kids won getting half a billion each! So that's why we always get Hyatt hotels when you book pre or post cruises & they are not cheap! Daddy wants his billion back!

The lawsuit was actually filed in 2001. As of 2005, two of the cousins owned 16% of the RCI shares through their investment organization... They were all very wealthy long before they started fighting over Grandpa's estate...

A riddle: Guess who is the godmother for Radiance of the Seas...

LL

The lawsuit was actually filed in 2001. As of 2005, two of the cousins owned 16% of the RCI shares through their investment organization... They were all very wealthy long before they started fighting over Grandpa's estate...

A riddle: Guess who is the godmother for Radiance of the Seas...

LL

Godmother: Margot Pritzker ;)

Wife of Thomas J. Pritzker, chairman of the Hyatt Corporation and a member of Royal Caribbean's Board of Directors, Mrs. Pritzker joins a distinguished group of godmothers for Royal Caribbean International's fleet.

Godmother: Margot Pritzker ;)

Wife of Thomas J. Pritzker, chairman of the Hyatt Corporation and a member of Royal Caribbean's Board of Directors, Mrs. Pritzker joins a distinguished group of godmothers for Royal Caribbean International's fleet.

You win the kewpie doll!

:D LL

The title is actually Devils on the Deep Blue Sea : The Dreams, Schemes and Showdowns That Built America's Cruise-Ship Empires

Yes.........you are correct on the exact name of the title! Thanks Croozin Sozin for the correction.

It very inciteful..........and anyone that wants to take the time to read it.....will have a much better understanding of the cruise industry.........as we know it today.

Rick

Yes, it's Hyatt and RCCL. Another excellent book is Cruise Ship Squeeze by Ross A. Klein. It explains all the buyers, sellers and mergers plus the entire inside behind the scenes of the cruise industry. Cruise Ship Blues is another book by this author that is equally good but the other one is his latest book. Both available thru Amazon.com :)

for beating me to the punch as the librarian just corrected me on the title. But Rick gets a big thanks for the suggestion since I get the book today ;-)

The title is actually Devils on the Deep Blue Sea : The Dreams, Schemes and Showdowns That Built America's Cruise-Ship Empires

Yes, it's Hyatt and RCCL. Another excellent book is Cruise Ship Squeeze by Ross A. Klein. It explains all the buyers, sellers and mergers plus the entire inside behind the scenes of the cruise industry. Cruise Ship Blues is another book by this author that is equally good but the other one is his latest book. Both available thru Amazon.com :)

Isn't Ross Klein the guy that's banned from cruising anymore by the cruise industry for revealing deep, dark secrets they don't want anyone to know? I've read Cruise Ship Blues. I'll have to get the other one.

with "Death By Chocolate", "Cruise Ship Blues" & 'Cruise Ship Squeeze".

He is affiliated with a web site: http://www.bluewaternetwork.org/campaign_ss_cruises.shtml

Isn't Ross Klein the guy that's banned from cruising anymore by the cruise industry for revealing deep, dark secrets they don't want anyone to know? I've read Cruise Ship Blues. I'll have to get the other one.

I was under the impression that over the years the industry has changed their standards and bring all waste back to port and dispose of it in port so there is no more polluting of oceans. When I see government reports that say the ship is 95% or more contained, am I reading this wrong?

I do know that years ago, they dumped most uneaten food for the fish and dumped water from the pools but I thought it has changed over the years since we have become so concerned about our seas and pollution.

Just 2 weeks ago I looked up the original pictures of a "Kewpie Doll" on the internet to see the origin of it. (It is a beloved personal family thing) ;)

I grew up in an oceanside resort, and all the local kids worked on the boardwalk at least one summer...there were a lot of carnival type games, and the kewpie doll was a sought after prize in those days...

OMG I'm showing my age :eek:

LL

with "Death By Chocolate", "Cruise Ship Blues" & 'Cruise Ship Squeeze".

I've read the last 2 books and they are not worth the paper they are written on. They are clearly slanted and authored by people with an ax to grind.

I've read the last 2 books and they are not worth the paper they are written on. They are clearly slanted and authored by people with an ax to grind.

PATRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where have you been??????????????

we missed you

Archived