Avis rental in Skagway

candlelady

When we drove to Alasaka a few years back we had to have a form from our insurance company indicating that they would cover our vehicle in Canada.

If you rent a car in Skagway and drive into Canada for the day do you still need this type of documentation???

Jimmie

Canada requires drivers to carry proof of insurance in the form of a little card from your insurance company. So I imagine the border people might just sometimes ask to see it if you're driving a rental over the border, so the rental car agencies might ask to see it and put a really hard sell on getting their insurance if you don't have it... just tell your insurance company you're planning on driving in Canada and they should give you what you need for free. Chances are you can get by without it but why tempt fate?

I called Sourdough rentals, and the VM gave me a winter ph#, which I called and this was their home #. Since we were planning on a full day driving and DH wants the leg room we wanted the Ford F-150. So that's what we got. He told me they only have 11 cars, and hold one back in case of problems. Apparently last year Avis had 2 cars involved in accidents, and one that whoever had rented it went somewhere they shouldn't have, and the tide came in flooded out the vehicle:eek: . So he wanted to make sure we knew just in case whoever had the vehicle that we requested before us happened to have an unfortunate mishap We would be provided with another vehicle. He seems very nice. Hopefully we won't have any problems. Guess we will see.

Archived