Miami Hotels -Recommendations?

gooselover

I stay at the Holiday Inn in downtown Miami. Very close to the pier, but they do not provide shuttle service to the pier. The price is reasonable and a clean hotel. I don't know of any of the hotels that provide shuttle to the pier in Miami. A taxi is the way I go from the hotel to the pier. The cost is reasonable too. Good Luck

Another for Holiday Inn.

Hi,

Holiday Inn Port of Miami/Marina Park is the closest hotel to the piers. It is directly across from the famous Bayside Marketplace that has many restaurants and shops for a nice place to spend some time.

It is a reasonable hotel that is kept clean and neat. No beach though, just a pool.

I have stayed just stayed there again in September. It fills up fast, so don't wait too long to book if you are interested.;)

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...iabb?irs=null&

If you join their Priority Club, you save a discount on the room right away.

Bayside marketplace.

www.baysidemarketplace.com

What hotels do you recommend in Miami that are close to the port WITH FREE SHUTTLE to the pier there???

Oh' date=' we will be renting a car from Tampa or Orlando and driving 1 way to Miami. Who do you find the best? Thanks!

[/quote']

The best? Free Shuttle? Close to the pier?

You ask for much. You forgot to include less than $75 too. lol

What time are you getting in?

Both Holiday Inn Airport and Embassy Suites Airport properties offer free transportation from the airport (where you can return your car) and free transportation to the Port of Miami.

The caveat is that they aren't in great locations (near the airport). If you are arriving late, they have restaurants that you can eat, sleep, and get to the Port. No frills, maybe lower cost.

But if you're getting there early, other locations would be closer and 'more fun' ... read more costly. But maybe within walking distance to some local places. And I've heard of some great Priceline rates....

The best? Free Shuttle? Close to the pier?

You ask for much. You forgot to include less than $75 too. lol

What time are you getting in?

Both Holiday Inn Airport and Embassy Suites Airport properties offer free transportation from the airport (where you can return your car) and free transportation to the Port of Miami.

The caveat is that they aren't in great locations (near the airport). If you are arriving late, they have restaurants that you can eat, sleep, and get to the Port. No frills, maybe lower cost.

But if you're getting there early, other locations would be closer and 'more fun' ... read more costly. But maybe within walking distance to some local places. And I've heard of some great Priceline rates....

Chill out - The OP only asked a question!!

I looked at the Holiday Inn for our October trip, it was about $150 a night, we are prority club members but putting that info in did not seem to get me any kind of discount- Is there a discount code I need to put in to get it?

For the same price we can stay at the Embassy Suites by the airport. Might not be in the best location but we would have the extra room plus breakfast in the AM, we will get in fairly late in the day or early evening so heading out with our kids in downtown Miami at night is not something we will do.

Bev

I looked at the Holiday Inn for our October trip, it was about $150 a night, we are prority club members but putting that info in did not seem to get me any kind of discount- Is there a discount code I need to put in to get it?

For the same price we can stay at the Embassy Suites by the airport. Might not be in the best location but we would have the extra room plus breakfast in the AM, we will get in fairly late in the day or early evening so heading out with our kids in downtown Miami at night is not something we will do.

Bev

In September I paid $109.86 a night (219.72 total for the 2 nights) for a great King, non smoking, bay/bridge/ship view room with my priority.

We had the same dilemma for our April cruise. Priority Club gave us a rate of $145 at the Holiday Inn, and with taxes would be $l63 for a king. No shuttle from airport or to port. So another poster recommended the Days Inn Miami Airport on Palmetto Expressway. They have a shuttle to the motel and shuttle to the pier. There's a restaurant on site as well as others just a mile away. Also a liquor store 2 or 3 blocks away. And cost including tax is $94.88 for a king, non-smoking. We'll be arriving too late for any sightseeing anyway, and this motel has a 3 star rating. Need the money saved to offset the cost of the hotel in Barcelona!

Pam

Just stayed at Holiday Inn in December. Paid 303.66 total for two nights with priority club and it included breakfast. Breakfast was no big deal small buffet type setup. Hotel was much too noisy ... music playing until midnight across the street at Bayside, kids running the halls and slamming doors until 1:00 am. We rented a car and were gone from 8:00 am until 4:45 pm and room still was not cleaned. Called front desk and got no help at all. Saw and spoke with cleaning lady and she said she only works until 5:00 pm ... but I will admit she did stay and at least fixed up our beds at 5:15 pm.

Cab fare to the pier was 12.00 plus tip.

If I used trip advisor for searching for hotels, I'd never stay in any!

Too many nice places getting slammed.

Reminds me of this board sometimes, as a matter of fact.

I love tripadvisor, and while everything is relative- I've found it to be pretty useful in making decisions about accommodations. I think bouhunter was probably just trying to be helpful.

I have never been able to get a discount for Holiday Inn using my Priority. Maybe it's dependent on the time of year. A few perks, like late checkout etc. but never a discount.

There is a website that is affiliated with priceline but you can request 2 beds and know your price and hotel upfront that has some good deals with cancellations allowed. I don't think I can say it here but if you're interested you can pmail me. They have some good deals in the downtown area. We used it to get the Intercontinental for substantially less than rack rate for next month.

Jenn

we have stayed at the hotel 4 times on pre-nites and each time paid around $100 for the nite...the hotel is very convienent to the pier and to bayside across the street...i always ask for a room up high for 2 reasons...less traffic noise and i want a good view of the ship leaving and coming into the port of miami...have never been disappointed by the hotel...the restaurants are not great so you can eat all of your meals accross the street at bayside including breakfast on day of embarkation...the cost of the cab has never been over $10...very workable for 1 nite...usually leave the hotel at 10:30 and cab it to the pier...

There are too many better deals out there for me to spend what the Holiday Inn wants for a room these days. They continue to raise prices because people will continue to pay ridiculous rates for a 2 star (being generous) dump.

You can book the Intercontinental nearly anytime for less than the Holiday Inn, be just as close to the famed Bayside Markets, pay the same for cabs, AND have a nice hotel room. Try Easyclick Travel dot com, and look for the "best buy" designation. It averages around 125.00/night not including the 13% hotel tax.

I don't see any "best buy" section to click on. Does anyone know anything about the Continental Hotel. Its a 2 star offered for 66/night on that site.

Hi Chrissy,

You might want to look at the reviews on the Continental on tripadvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34438-d87083-Reviews-Riande_Continental_Bayside_Hotel-Miami_Florida.html

In November, I stayed at the Intercontinental for $90 per night. I used Priceline. It's a great hotel and convenient to Bayside Market and the port. I have also stayed at the Holiday Inn which was fine (but more expensive and not nearly as nice).

I suggest looking at biddingfortravel for information on Priceline

RN7997 - There is a Walgreens within walking distance of the Holiday Inn. Leave the hotel, go right 2 streets up to the Riande Hotel. Turn right and then left at the next street. Walgreens is right at the end of that street you can see it. There is a liquor store on that street as well.

andrew

I guess I should have provided more information!:p

Go to Easyclick, search for 4 and 5 star hotels in downtown Miami. You will see one listed with "BEST BUY" in the description. That will be the Intercontinental (NOT the Continental). Will be around $126.00/night currently.

I have already booked 4 rooms for this coming December. One less thing to worry about :D .

Archived