Whale watching with Capt. Larry

candlelady

I'm about ready to book and need alittle information.

The web site is now saying we will be 'tendered' instead of docking. It's a Monday so Capt. Larry has excursions for 1:00, 3:30 and 6:00. Is one time "better" than another as far as what you will see? Also, does anyone know what his cancellation policy is? If I want to make sure we get his boat, so I still need to ask for the "purple boat"?

I would email or call them. They know the ship schedules and will be able to assist you in selecting a good time based on past experiences. They charge half up front and I beleive the charge the remainder the day before. Refund policy - if cancelled before final payment is $25. per person. If you do miss your excursion they will find a way to get you on another (if there are more tours going out).

If you want Caprt Larry just ask for him when you book.

Is this one of the Juneau companies that is discounting to offset the new tax for us cruisers???

I spoke with them the other day and although I didn't bring up the tax the price I was quoted was the same as on the website. Maybe you have to ask specifically :confused: if they are?

As everyone has already said, contact the vender DIRECTLY and go with their recommendation. Looking at your posted schedule- also be aware there are different cpts. involved. I have great respect for the 4 cpts. but if you have a preferrence for Larry, be sure to book his boat.

Archived