need some advice for a back-to-back

lakelodge

We're excited, going on our first back to back cruise. Feb 5-10 Celebrity Century then Feb 10-17 Royal Caribbean Navigator. Both out of Port of Miami.

Does anybody know how we can find out in advance how close these two will be docked together? We are trying to figure out whether to walk with rolling luggage or take a cab. It seems silly to take a cab if they are really close. Plus we'll have plenty of time to kill.

Also, I was thinking that we could go to the Captain's Club desk and see if we could stay on the ship til 11 am or so, otherwise we'll be sitting in the terminal for a really long time.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks, Martha

You can check the Port of Miami website and see if there's any info there or you can call X and RCL and ask which berths they will be using. Cruise lines tend to use the same berths week after week, so the Navigator will be at whichever of the berths RCCL uses. I believe Celebrity is new to the Port of Miami but my guess is Century will also be at an RCCL berth.

Re staying on Century until 11am - I'd say it's not likely and the best you can hope for is to be in the last group of passengers to disembark, usually around 9:30 - 10:00 the latest.

Enjoy your cruises!

I saw that one too--do you think that means it is always in berth 10 or does that vary from week to week? I checked Miami Port authority website and could not find any schedule, I guess I'll call the lines closer to the sail date. thanks.

Archived