Jewel Questions

IamJo

Hi All - A couple of quick questions....

1. Is there cell service on the ship while at sea?

2. Are the staterooms WiFi? If so, what are the charges, and if not, is there internet access elsewhere on the ship?

3. Is the gameroom for children or teens? What gaming systems?

4. Is ther a lot for teens to do? We have 13, 15, and 18 year olds.

I'm sure we'll come up with more, so thanks in advance!:o

Yes, cell service check with your provider, my husband was charged $1.99 minute with cingular, and I have sprint and yet to be billed. ( October Cruise).

The service is provided by Cell at Sea. Signal was perfect and we went to Bermuda.

No Wifi in rooms. You can buy minutes starting at 50 cents per minute. Signal is in public areas.

Don't have teenagers any more, but they do have a program for teens, seems life plenty to do for all.

Enjoy your cruise.

Alex

Yes, cell service check with your provider, my husband was charged $1.99 minute with cingular, and I have sprint and yet to be billed. ( October Cruise).

The service is provided by Cell at Sea. Signal was perfect and we went to Bermuda.

No Wifi in rooms. You can buy minutes starting at 50 cents per minute. Signal is in public areas.

Don't have teenagers any more, but they do have a program for teens, seems life plenty to do for all.

Enjoy your cruise.

Alex

Internet access: there are wifi hotspots around the ship, but the staterooms themselves do not have wifi access (unless you happen to be really close to one of the wi-fi hotspots). Internet access starts at $.50 per minute but they offer packages which can bring it down to as low as $.33 per minute. Jewel also offers the CyberCabin which is a modem hookup in your room. You pay a flat fee for unlimited access but it tends to be slower than the wifi or the internet cafe.

Saw a comment about someone bringing their 14 YO teen boy on the Jewel Feb 18 departure. We're signed up and bringing our two girls 14 and 11. They're hoping to find some companions to hang out with on the ship, maybe shore excursions. The 14 YO wants to snorkel or snuba in every port plus hang out in the teen area. the 11 YO less interested in excursions but would really like friends to hang with on the ship.

THis is our first cruise so we're not sure of anything...especially how many similar aged kids will be on board. Anyone with similar aged kids drop us a note.

Looking forward to a new adventure for the whole family.

Archived