Roll Call Magica April 29 Whos Going?

Stormlover

I think we are going to do the wave runner, tour You get to go to stingray city then ride them on over to RumPoint total time of tour is a little over 2 hours. The Waverunners if you ride double are $70 each. :rolleyes: We have rented them before it was like $55 for a half hour. So I think this will be a fun thing to do. If anyone has a child they have the 3 seaters as well so 3 could on one.

I think we are going to do the wave runner, tour You get to go to stingray city then ride them on over to RumPoint total time of tour is a little over 2 hours. The Waverunners if you ride double are $70 each. :rolleyes: We have rented them before it was like $55 for a half hour. So I think this will be a fun thing to do. If anyone has a child they have the 3 seaters as well so 3 could on one.

That does sound great but when I wrote them you have to be at least 10 years old. That is a great deal since a wave runners is $100.00 for an hour at paradise park and Moby Dick is $35.00. But saftey first.

So we are going to Paradise park in Cozumel and then Moby Dick in Grand Cayman. Moby Dicks emails sounded nice back to us and answered our questions fast. Plus we have never been snorkeling and my husband wants to do that and it is included in the fee at Moby Dick and you do not get to do that with the wave runners. So it all worked out.

Let us know what you think of the wave runners when you get back and next time we may do that.

Is any one as excited as we are?

Wanita and I have a reservation with Moby Dick Tours to go to stingray city in GC.

Tim

Hi wanita and Tim we will be seeing you on Moby Dick!:D

I can not wait to feed and swim with the sting rays. That is my big thing I want to do and my hubby wants to snorkle (sp). We have not told the kids what we are doing so if it rains or what ever they are not sad. They want to play at the beach. When we wrote them they said they could let us off at seven mile beach and then we would have to take a taxi back to dock. We are not sure what we want to do yet. Go all the way back to the dock or droppped off at seven mile beach. What are you guys going to do?:rolleyes:

I just got my email back Island marketing it gives the age for the wave runners as 8 on my reservation even tho we are not taking any kids. :D We got a 1:00 slot, there are 2 other ships in Grand Caymen the same day as us (Carnival Triump) and (Royals new Freedom) so I bet it will be crowded. If anyone plans to book with an independant tour operator I would reccomend you do ASAP cause the good ones fill up early.:eek:

Here is a list of everyone I found on the thread, feel free to copy, make changes or add things that I left out. Then just paste it back on the thread. This way we can try to keep up with everyone. Maybe we can all meet somewhere prior to sail away, just to say hi. Then we can always meet up for a drink later. If you do not want your info on the list just say so and it will be removed. I think there will be more to jump onboard as it gets closer to sail date.:rolleyes:

Screen name Real names Ages Cabin # Live

Stormlover Robin &Bruce Williams 44 &47 8630 Florida

Shawnonrev Ginny & Husband 2 Kids ?? ?? 5 &7 Missouri

Mulerscue007 Tim & Wanita ?? Georgia

Fl-raybee Ray & Pam Florida

Rikki racer Family of 4 17 & 15

Deemarie D & Husband Ohio

Mom&wife family 4 Missouri

Carol1870 Carol & Husband 2Kids 38 & 44 an 4&5 Quebec Canada

I have been looking at the excursions through the cruise line and they are not overing Stingray City. Does anyone know if they over this excursion anymore? I did this years ago on a RCCL cruise and want me kids to experience this.

Also my name is Tonya and my husband is Pat, 2 kids with us girl 17 and boy 14. We are Floridians. We are also bringing our friend from Ohio Shelby and his to boys 17 and 15. Our kids are hoping for some more teens, last year we went over spring break losts of kids! Its great and keeps the ship hopping. The disco was pumping everynight!!!

Can't wait til April 29th Yeah!!!!!!

Did check with the line and there is Toga night on this cruise. For those who haven't cruised Costa this is a blast. The last night of they leave sheets in your cabin with instructions on how to wear you Toga. I would say about 1/2 to 3/4 of the ship participated. We had a group of 7 families and the picture were hilarious. Everyone's toga looked different and some of us brought our own accessories to dress them up.

Just remember your on vacation and will probably never see any of these people again, so let your hair down and do something you would normally never do and it will make for a more memorable cruise.

UPDATE TO LIST

Stormlover Robin & Bruce Williams 44 & 47 8630 Florida

Mulerscue007 Tim & Wanita 46 & 36 7236 Georgia

Fl-raybee Ray & Pam ? & ? Florida

Rikki racer Family of 4 17 & 15

Stormlover Robin & Bruce Williams 44 & 47 8630 Florida

Mulerscue007 Tim & Wanita 46 & 36 7236 Georgia

Fl-raybee Ray & Pam ? & ? Florida

Rikki racer Tonya & Pat 2 kids 17&14 Florida

Rikki Friends Slelby kids 15 &17 Ohio

Think about it, 5 nights, 3 ports for only $299 pp. There isn't a better deal out there. My husband looked for a year. For $299 you can get 3-4 days and 2 ports on another line. We have kids, so for us, (kids sail free) it ends up being $150 per person!:cool:

Think about it, 5 nights, 3 ports for only $299 pp. There isn't a better deal out there. My husband looked for a year. For $299 you can get 3-4 days and 2 ports on another line. We have kids, so for us, (kids sail free) it ends up being $150 per person!:cool:

She's right. You should join us. I am curios, what other cruise/vacation are you considering?

Shawn

What ya waiting on joetrizeo? You know you want to go with us, go ahead book a cabin, an join us. ;) I bet we have a wonderful time. :) You keep checking in tells me you really are wanting to go. The price is right. :rolleyes:

Well we were waiting on the misses' vacation to get approved.

I'm sorry to say guys. I so wanted to go, but as you can see in my sig, i decited to go with roayal caribbean this time around.

It was a tough decision.

I've been on Costa, i know its great. I'm still young so i need to make my rounds of the cruise lines and experience all there is to expereince.

Dont worry though. I will be thinking about you guys when you are gone, probably wishing i would have come since i will have just gotten back!

I loved costa, and will go again in the future :)

;)You will love the Mariner we have sailed her 3 times an shes booked for

the 4th on Sept 23 western, We just needed a little something to tie us over till then an the price was right so we decided to give costa a try, We like cruising out of Port Canaveral only about :D 45 minutes from the house where Port everglades is a 2 hour drive.:( I know you will have a wonderful time. She is a Beautiful ship and goes into dry dock to be spruced up a little sometime in May.

we are thinking of booking this cruise -

I am having a hard time going away from princess and anytime dining -

The price is just so good -

a couple of things that concern me is the amount of children on board - free kids = a lot of kids.

Dining - we love to eat alone - and I am sure a nice tip to the maitre d would take care of that. Looking about Costa's web site it looks at though there isn't a 24 hour buffet - but they seem to have a midnight buffet ?

Also the traditional times are at 6 and 8:30 ? I hate long dinners - we usually eat dinner in about 1:15 mins MAX on our cruises.

I need some more info on Costa and the Magica - any info would be appreciated

thank u

I am having a hard time going away from princess and anytime dining -

The price is just so good -

a couple of things that concern me is the amount of children on board - free kids = a lot of kids.

i can't compare to princess, but this cruise is NOT over any major spring breaks, so the kids should be about average if not less. i'd guess more than average but definetly less than over any holiday break.

Dining - we love to eat alone - and I am sure a nice tip to the maitre d would take care of that. Looking about Costa's web site it looks at though there isn't a 24 hour buffet - but they seem to have a midnight buffet ?

Also the traditional times are at 6 and 8:30 ? I hate long dinners - we usually eat dinner in about 1:15 mins MAX on our cruises.

eating alone is no problem, just request a table for two. ofcourse a little twenty never hurt anything.

no 24 hr buffet. pizza is available until late at night, i want to say 2am?

when i was on in '06 they had a midnight buffet every single night. i think they still do this season (confirm anyone?)

yes times are 6 and 830. this is traditional italian dinner. Us italians take eating and dinner very seriously, thus dinner lasted about 2 hours every night. there are 6 courses possible and very good entertainment during dinner. i will not lie, dinner took a solid 2 hours. take that as you may, but i loved it. i do not like being rushed thru dinner. but thats just me :) course as you know the buffet is always available at dinner time for fast eating.

I called Costa yesterday (01/31/07) and the Costa Rep told me the only rooms available for the 04/29 sailing are doubles. No Suites, no quads. She also said that all the rooms that are booked are booked to capacity. That means if it holds four people max, it is booked with four people. I would assume that means maximum children.

We requested a table for four, so we could eat alone and that seemed to be a common place, no problem type request.

Don't let that keep you away. It is a great price, nice ports, and a beautiful ship.

Shawn

Joetrizeo-Have fun on the Mariner, Maybe Hubby an I will meet up with you an your misses another time. ;) We try to cruise a couple times a year, so you never know when our pathes may cross. Until then HAPPY SAILING. :)

Who has Early Dining?

Archived