Roll Call Magica April 29 Whos Going?

Stormlover

Thanks.

Unfortuanately there is no way I can get to any of these cities physically. So I will have to do expedited mail.

Sad there is so much conflicting info: Gov. says one thing and the cruise line says another....

Thanks for your help.. without this board I would be lost and without one and on the dock with a ticket crying and not be able to get on board I think.

Becky

There are passport offices in 13 US cities that can process by appointment, see list-

(http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies/agencies_913.html)

If you are in a hurry, this may be your best bet.

You can also expedite for an additional fee (http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_831.html)

Good luck!:)

Just spoke to Costa, 10:45 EST.

Was told passports were highly recommended, due to leaving the ship early and returning to the States by air or being left in port and having to catch the ship.

Costa will only require Certified Birth Certificate and Government Photo ID.

Please don't base your travel plans on my post, call for yourself if you have any questions.

This is just one more bit of stress we are SO looking forward to forget on the

29th.

FUN IN THE SUN

Just spoke to Costa, 10:45 EST.

Was told passports were highly recommended, due to leaving the ship early and returning to the States by air or being left in port and having to catch the ship.

Costa will only require Certified Birth Certificate and Government Photo ID.

Please don't base your travel plans on my post, call for yourself if you have any questions.

This is just one more bit of stress we are SO looking forward to forget on the

29th.

FUN IN THE SUN

When you apply for a passport, you must submit an original birth certificate. The birth certificate is sent with your passport application for processing and returned to you with your passport. The bottom line is the government has our birth certificates. We are now waiting for them. If it comes down to it, we could get an additional copy of our birth certificates from the state at the last minute. That would be our backup plan. For me and the kids, it should be easy, we were all born in Missouri, but Ginny (my wife) was born in Pennsylvania so that could take longer. I don't think I could leave her here.

One question, do you think travel insurance would pay if we were unable to go because of the passport/birth certificate delay?

shawnonrev, I would not worry just yet, If I didn't have my passports by the time my Docs arrived (usually about 3 weeks away from sail date) I would get copies of birth cert. You can go online an have your wifes expressed if necessary. I was shocked at how long every is saying it is taking now. We sent our paperwork in last October an had passports before Thanksgiving. We must have hit a time when they were a little slow with holidays coming up , cause it only took about 5 weeks. Im glad we didn't wait cause it seems they are very slow getting them out. Did you book through a TA? If so ask them about the insurance.

Hi everyone!

We are 6 on our first Costa cruise -- Me, Denis(31), my wife, Valerie(31),our two sons Emile(4) and Alexis(2), my nephew, Louis-Alexandre(17, He'll have 18 onboard!!!) and is girlfriend Sophie(18). We are so excited to go on this trip!!! We are from Quebec City so my english is not very good, excuse me if I made somes mistakes. Looking forward to see everybody!

Have a good day.

Denis

Welcome Aboard!:) Denis,Valarie and kids. First cruise you all will have a wonderful time the first almost always leaves a lasting impression. It will be just me Robin 44 and Hubby Bruce 47. We have cruised before just not on Costa. We are starting to get a little excited as it is getting closer.;) Hope to chat more before we leave.

shawnonrev, I would not worry just yet, If I didn't have my passports by the time my Docs arrived (usually about 3 weeks away from sail date) I would get copies of birth cert. You can go online an have your wifes expressed if necessary. I was shocked at how long every is saying it is taking now. We sent our paperwork in last October an had passports before Thanksgiving. We must have hit a time when they were a little slow with holidays coming up , cause it only took about 5 weeks. Im glad we didn't wait cause it seems they are very slow getting them out. Did you book through a TA? If so ask them about the insurance.

We booked over the phone with Costa directly, Southwest Airlines, and Travel Guard over the net. I am determined to go, weither or not we receive the passports in time. I just wanted to tell Ginny that the insurance could cover a lost trip for this reason or at least cover the cost of last minute Birth Certificates? I have heard not so good things about Travel Guard, so I am sceptical about their willingness to help. Any ideas?

Hi everyone!

We are 6 on our first Costa cruise -- Me, Denis(31), my wife, Valerie(31),our two sons Emile(4) and Alexis(2), my nephew, Louis-Alexandre(17, He'll have 18 onboard!!!) and is girlfriend Sophie(18). We are so excited to go on this trip!!! We are from Quebec City so my english is not very good, excuse me if I made somes mistakes. Looking forward to see everybody!

Have a good day.

Denis

Our family of four is going -

Me (Shawn, 31)

Wife (Ginny, 30)

Daughter (Valarie, 7)

Son (Nathaniel, 5)

Are you planning on using the Squok Club (Children's Program) at all? What shore excursions are you planning? Our first cruise was in 2004 without the kids to Boston, Portland, Halifax, and Sydney. The people in Canada were super nice. Get ready to eat good and gain a pound a day!

Hi everybody, welcome De and Val, I'm from Quebec and I'm very happy because I try to find french people on this cruise since I reserved in january(sorry for my english) and you are the first. I'll be on this cruise with my husband (44), my daughter (almost 5) and me (38). Do you know this 2 french boards (forum) www.voyageforum.com and www.lemondedescroisieres.com.

I read your messages each day, but my english is so bad then I prefer read than write. :rolleyes:

Hi everybody, welcome De and Val, I'm from Quebec and I'm very happy because I try to find french people on this cruise since I reserved in january(sorry for my english) and you are the first. I'll be on this cruise with my husband (44), my daughter (almost 5) and me (38). Do you know this 2 french boards (forum) www.voyageforum.com and www.lemondedescroisieres.com.

I read your messages each day, but my english is so bad then I prefer read than write. :rolleyes:

Your english is as good as some peoples abbreviations! Grammer and spelling aren't as important as communication. Don't hesitate to post, many of us have no problem understanding, and we welcome you and your input.

Are you going to take your daughter to the Squok club (Children's program)? My son Nathaniel will just be 5 when we go and he would love to play with a little girl who is bilingual. They (our 7 year old daughter and 5 year old son) are learning Spanish (for Cozumel) and Italian (Onboard Officers) in school right now and they love the idea of other people speaking different languages. (We homeschool and can choose their electives and schedule). Is this your first cruise (with children or without)?

Welcome!

Thank you to encourage me, it's a good practice for me. Yes my daughter (Rosemarie) will go to the squok club, but she don't speak english, it's very important for us that she can be in contact with children who speak english, than it will good for your children too, but with french. Ouf, is it clear.

My name is Karen and I'm from the Chicago area. I'm coming on this cruise with my friend Nancy. I also talked another friend Cheryl and her 2 sisters, Karen & Maureen (both sisters are from Wisconsin), also into coming on the cruise. My husband is giving me this cruise for my 50th birthday which I will be celebrating on the cruise. How lucky am I? I've been on cruises for my 30th, 40th & now 50th birthday so I hope this tradition continues well into my old age! This will be Cheryl's 1st cruise so that'll be exciting to experience this will her. This will be my 1st time cruising with Costa. I've sailed with RCCL, Princess & NCL in the past. Plus a few cruise lines that have sailed into oblivion. Nice to meet all of you coming on this cruise.

Karen & Nancy (Chicago)

Cheryl (Chicago), Karen (Wisconsin) & Maureen (Wisconsin)

Shawnrev, Just make sure that you give yourself a couple weeks to obtain birth certificates, if by chance the passports do not arive I think they will tho. :)

Caroline I agree with what shawnrev said, keep posting we can all help each other with any questions that pop up. ;)

Welcome Aboard,Karen & Nancy- Cheryl, Karen Maureen, I bet you guys are going to have a great time. I will have to try a all girls cruise some time, only problem hubby loves cruising so much it would be diffacult to leave him home. :o

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the welcome.

• Caroline1870: thanks for the 2 french board, I'll check them. We are very happy to see other frenchspeaking people onboard.
  • Shawnonrev: We're going to use the Squok Club even if our two sons don't speak english, that will be good for them. We're planning to go to the aquarium in Key West but we're not set for Cozumel and Grand Cayman, maybe we'll go to the beach. If you have some good place to go with kids and for snorkeling, I'll be happy to know it.

Bye

Denis

Our kids (7 & 5) don't know which excursions we are planning, in case weather cancels them. This way they won't be disappointed, kids tend to fixate on a detail and if things change, can get upset. This is our first cruise with them and they are excited after looking at pictures from our first cruise (w/o them). They know that they will be on a big boat, get to fly in a plane for the first time, and eat fancy meals. That is enough for them. I can guarantee that we will do those things.

The excursions that we are planning are:

Key West Aquarium (http://www.keywestaquarium.com/)

Paradise Beach Club (http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/)

Stingray City Sandbar (http://www.mobydicktours.com/)

The aquarium is cheap and doesn't take too long (Only 5 hours in Key West). Paradise Beach seems very family friendly (see other thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=454500) and swimming with the stingrays seems to be a must do when in Grand Cayman. We booked all our excursions ourselves as this saves us lots of $$.

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the welcome.

• Caroline1870: thanks for the 2 french board, I'll check them. We are very happy to see other frenchspeaking people onboard.
  • Shawnonrev: We're going to use the Squok Club even if our two sons don't speak english, that will be good for them. We're planning to go to the aquarium in Key West but we're not set for Cozumel and Grand Cayman, maybe we'll go to the beach. If you have some good place to go with kids and for snorkeling, I'll be happy to know it.

Bye

Denis

I quoted my post from page 4 of this thread about our planned excursions. The stingray excurion in Grand Cayman includes snorkling for all who attend. The Paradise Beach club has snorkling available also.

Shawnonrev,anynews on your passports yet? Keep us posted, Im sure they will arrive soon. I saw on another thread were people would move up their actual travel date to allow plenty of time to get theirs, but that takes time away from the ones being honest, not really fair.:o

Hey guys....just booked this cruise a couple days back and got a GREAT deal!!!!!! Me and my wife will be onboard for our 4th year wedding anniversary. We are 26 and 25yrs old and this will be our second cruise. Hope to see everyone aboard!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome aboard Bigpappabull & Wife of pappabull. :) We aren't really celebrating anything. It was supposed to be my birthday cruise, but that would have been the week of March 26, Spring break for most of Fl. Prices were way to high that week, so when I say this 5 Night cheaper than the 3-4 nighters, that was a nobrainer to wait a month. :D We have not cruised on Costa yet, most of our cruises have been on Royal Caribbean, one on Carnival. We really enjoy RC. ;) Hope this one is as enjoyable, which Im sure it will be. :rolleyes:

Welcome aboard Bigpappabull & Wife of pappabull. We aren't really celebrating anything. It was supposed to be my birthday cruise, but that would have been the week of March 26, Spring break for most of Fl. Prices were way to high that week, so when I say this 5 Night cheaper than the 3-4 nighters, that was a nobrainer to wait a month. We have not cruised on Costa yet, most of our cruises have been on Royal Caribbean, one on Carnival. We really enjoy RC. Hope this one is as enjoyable, which Im sure it will be.

Glad you are coming with us. You could still celebrate your birthday. As adults we now when a better deal is. You get more nights and more money to spend else were you got your first present. Tell costa you are celebrating your birthday and you will get a cake at dinner on of the night:D . I hope you enjoy costa also. OUr first also. Just remember that you are not paying as much as Royal and then you will most likely be happy.:cool:

I am so excited! Just waiting on our passports:mad:

Thanks Mom&Wife, won't they check your docs as they have your birth date on them, I could say a belated birthday, that way Im covered. :)

Im sure your passports will arrive any day now. ;) You do have a back up if you don't have them by 2 weeks out, send for birth certificates that would be better than missing the cruise. I think Shawnonrev is still awaiting arrival of there's as well, I hope you guys get them real soom, so you can quit worring over them. I had a semiliar situation a couple years ago trying to get my mothers BC.:o Oh what a pain in the but that was. The closer it gets the more you worry.Not to mention the $ you put out for them.

Thanks Mom&Wife, won't they check your docs as they have your birth date on them, I could say a belated birthday, that way Im covered.

Im sure your passports will arrive any day now. ;) You do have a back up if you don't have them by 2 weeks out, send for birth certificates that would be better than missing the cruise. I think Shawnonrev is still awaiting arrival of there's as well, I hope you guys get them real soom, so you can quit worring over them. I had a semiliar situation a couple years ago trying to get my mothers BC.:o Oh what a pain in the but that was. The closer it gets the more you worry.Not to mention the $ you put out for them.

When we booked our cruise with Costa they asked us if we had any celebrations. We said we are celebrating our 10 year anniversary. But it is not until June but we can not pass up on this deal. They would not have a 5 day again. (we got a wonderful deal) They told us that no one usually travels on the same day as what they are celebrating. Now if it was six monthes done the road or something maybe. It is also entertainment for the rest of the ship dinner so the next time someone else will say we are doing that for our anniversary or birthday ect. I would call them and tell them and I beat they are going to be very nice about it and happy to do it.:)

I am worried about the passports and we are not to worry it will not add a day to our lifes. But writting in this thread has helped me. I have got lots of great advice and we were really excited and now it is like are we going or not! WE have already started buying things and counting down the days.:D

Thanks Mom&Wife, won't they check your docs as they have your birth date on them, I could say a belated birthday, that way Im covered. :)

Stormlover-

mom&wife is my wife. We are waiting for passports together. I post on the boards during the day while I am at work, and she posts at night after the kids go to sleep. That is why we have two different usernames. we tried to share, but it was too confusing.

I called the passport center and was told (by a real person!) that they are in the last stage and should be in the mail on Tuesday 3/13 or Wednesday. They would be sent priority mail and that would meet the 3/17 date that is states on the passport status website. I hope so!:)

Hey guys....just booked this cruise a couple days back and got a GREAT deal!!!!!! Me and my wife will be onboard for our 4th year wedding anniversary. We are 26 and 25yrs old and this will be our second cruise. Hope to see everyone aboard!!!!!!!!!!

This is our second cruise, first with our kids. It is our 10 year anniversary (in June) and we will be celebrating onboard. We really enjoyed cruising together w/o the kids in 2004 (after 7 years of marriage). You are going to have fun.:D

Shawnonrev, I guess I didn't catch that you and momandwife were part of the same family, I assumed that the passport place was holding everyone up. :o At least you got to speak to a real person who gave you some answers, instead of sitting on hold forever. :( Good luck & I hope they arrive this week.

Archived