Blenders Allowed on RCI Ships?

Cruiseador

Yes yes yes, I'm economically-minded, so I'll go ahead and ask my question. To keep from having to pay $5 (?) for each non-alcoholic daiquiri, I'm wondering about bringing a small blender on the cruise to make my own in the cabin. Would that be allowed?

It is actually a more generally-informative question: My wife and I typically have a protein shake each day. I'm not sure we'll keep-up the regimen on board, but if we do we'll need a blender.

My wife and I typically have a protein shake each day. I'm not sure we'll keep-up the regimen on board, but if we do we'll need a blender.

Can't you just use a shaker cup? Tupperware makes a really nice one that works quite well. I use it for lots of things, and my husband uses one for protein shakes regularly. It would be MUCH smaller to pack than a blender!

http://order.tupperware.com/pls/htprod_www/tup_show_item.show_item_detail?fv_item_number=10035353000&fv_item_category_code=2000&fv_section=specs&fv_category_page_number=1

Hope that link works - it looks too long. If not, go to tupperware.com and look fo rthe Quick Shake container. You can't see it in the picture, but it has a special insert that goes at the top of the cup and is held in by the lid, which looks like a spoked wheel. This helps to mix things better. It works way better than any other plain shaker cup I've used.

Shaker cups just don't do it for me. I prefer my protein shakes hot, and in a shaker cup that's down-right dangerous. When cold, I need the blender to pulverize the ice. Otherwise the protein shake is way too drib drab and thin.

Archived